magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The story so far...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacksondale
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: The story so far... Reply with quote

Well after using the MJ for about a week now, I can't say I have any major complaints. A little line echo (with certain phone numbers which may in fact be the other parties phone) and occasionally I pick up the phone to no dial tone but when I bring my browser up the dialtone comes up. I did have a problem this morning after getting the spoofer running. I got that going last night after browsing the forums and finally finding out where that host file was.... Embarassed . But I only made an unanswered test call to check the caller ID at that time. This morning I made a call and my audio was very choppy, so much so I had to hang up and call back on my mobile. Thought it must be the spoofer so I exited that program and then my MJ wouldn't connect. So I unplugged and replugged and received the infamous error 3. After some more searching I did a system restore and plugged the MJ into a different USB port. That solved that problem but I really wanted the spoofer to work. I really don't want to have to log into GC just to make a call and have the GC number show up. I was hesitant about trying the spoofer again but finally did, and the audio seemed much improved. There was still a slight bit of noise (my end) during a call to my brother (he said his end was crystal clear) but nothing I could not live with.
Had a call yesterday from my wife on my cell with her using my GC number and couldn't accept it (it didn't seem to want to recognize that I had pressed 1 on my phone) but maybe thats just my phone. So after a week I'm still very happy with the MJ and GC and spoofer combo.
Can anyone suggest the proper way to shut down and restart the spoofer and MJ? These forums have been an invaluable aid to me and many thanks to those in the know who contribute their time to help n00bs like me.
snowigloo
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once in a while i get the error 3 so what i do is open the host file take the proxy address out save it then restart the magicjack then put the proxy address back in the host file and save it. The spoofer itself i leave on. You shouldnt have to do a system restore just take the proxy address out from the host file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: