magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks for the help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtswanson
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the help Reply with quote

This week I got my magicjack running on a thin client. I want to thank the members here for the wealth of information you provided me in your posts. I want to especially thank STxFarmer for the off-line assistance.

Details... I bought an HP Neoware CA15 with 256Mb flash and 256Mb RAM on eBay for $69. I also bought an AC powered USB hub on eBay for $10, splurging on the extra $3-4 so I could get quick delivery from US. I threw in a 512Mb stick of RAM I had from an old laptop, plugged it in and it worked!

Of course, I was a bit discouraged before the USB hub came. It definitely is needed. MJ not recoginzed at all plugged directly into TC. Also, the TC I ended up buying was a "Buy it Now" unit as I got frustrated being outbid on auction items. I'm glad I did.

My TC is connected by ethernet to my router, a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT, in the basement. I remote into it using TeamViewer. The MJ is connected to a Panasonic KX-TG1034 (4 handsets) Dect 6.0. All units, including two on my second floor are working great (including caller ID which was not working with MJ connected to my computer).

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: