magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T5720 Gets Blank registration screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellyan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: T5720 Gets Blank registration screen Reply with quote

Ive Had magicjack for about a month on my desktop and laptop, everything working fine. Purchased a t5720 thin client to run magicjack so I can get it off my desktop and leave it on 24/7. I followed the Great tutorial posted here for the t5720, and everything seems to be set up ok, but when I plug magicjack into the thin client the registration screen pops up but it is completlely blank for about 30 seconds, then it says it (cannot connect to server,check internet connection,if you can connect to the internet, our server is temporarily down, sorry for the inconvenience) I have been using the thin client browser, so I DO have an internet connection! The thin client is connected to a linksys wrt310 router by way of ethernet, same as my desktop. When I plug magicjack into the desktop the registration screen works fine. Ive searched this forum but couldnt find anything related to this. Its probably something simple, but I am a technologically challenged "old dude" that has completely run out of ideas! Any advice would be Greatly appreciated. By the way, I even ran out and bought a powered usb hub, thinking this might solve the the problem, but "no magic" there either!
THANKS !!
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your T5720 running a firewall? If so it may be blocking one of the required ports 5060,5061,5070 80,443.
hellyan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam,
You are a GENIUS!
Disabled the sygate security, and it loaded perfectly. This forum is the BEST!!!
I really appreciate your help. If your ever in Florida, I Will buy you a beer, maybe two!
THANKS again, Now I can get some sleep tonight.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellyan wrote:
VaHam,
You are a GENIUS!
Disabled the sygate security, and it loaded perfectly. This forum is the BEST!!!
I really appreciate your help. If your ever in Florida, I Will buy you a beer, maybe two!
THANKS again, Now I can get some sleep tonight.

Next time I'm down that way I may take you up on that Laughing

BTW you can run sygate you just have to go into it's settings and setup a rule to allow magicjack access to all ports. Sygate requires more effort to use than windows firewall.

If you have EWF enabled then recovering from any attacks is as easy as rebooting; so even using a firewall is optional unless your worried about temporary issues in that case you could enable windows firewall instead of sygate it you like. It is easier to manage albeit I think less secure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: