magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T5710 1.2GHz - Works with 8GB DOM & 1GB RAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: T5710 1.2GHz - Works with 8GB DOM & 1GB RAM Reply with quote

In case no one saw it in the technical help section, 'cause I changed the title of the subject line Smile ... here's the link to the original post, with the part#'s that work, from Transcend.

And you can also read about the BIOS problem that can render your Thin Client unable to work with the HP Image files, around 6 posts after the first.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post21944.html

anyway, (long story short) the 8GB DOM and 1GB RAM module ARE seen by the T5710 - 1.2GHz with ATI Radeon 7000M.
(with TM8800 Processor, for use with 1GB RAM)

SO... that's that Smile now we know.

see the post (at the link above) to see all the info.

I'm waiting to get my TC back from HP to fix the BIOS chips, lucky it's under warranty (i knew it was a good idea to get the NEW one) Cool

Hey, Moderators, maybe you can split this and the other post into two separate ones, taking the first few from the other, and putting them here, instead, so it may help someone later... to read it clearly Idea Thanks. Very Happy

or maybe not Rolling Eyes Cool

Last edited by momo on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP sent the Thin Client back, but ... there's an update to all this...

it seems, while the 8GB DOM is seen by the BIOS, as well as DOS, it won't work with the HP imaging tool to put the image on the drive.

It puts it there but won't write the special serial# to it so the image gets validated as authorized to use.

I verified this by putting in the 1GB DOM and sure enough all went well.

I don't think it will be a problem to use the Full Windows XP version, but
as far as the HP WinXP embedded, unless I can figure out how to put the serial# to the hard drive, the Imaging restoration tool will not validate the 8GB DOM and authorize it for use with the XPe

Crap-olla!

I called HP again to see if there's anything that can be done.

It's really strange... if the BIOS sees it, why not allow the Imaging program to authorize it with the serial#...? ... it wrote the Image to it, and resized it to the full 8GB, it's just not allowing it to validate it with the stupid serial#

what a load of wasted time so far.

BTW- HP replaced the entire main board on the Thin Client.
(i know this for sure because i placed hidden markings on the original board, and they're not there anymore) Smile

I asked them if the serial# of the original board would be installed and was told maybe not, but when I got it back, sure enough, the original serial # IS in the BIOS, so it shows they CAN put it in, and there must be a special command to do it, but they just won't say.

I'm going to see if I can install the FULL XP Pro, but now I'll have to modify it to not do the constant writing to the drive, and remove all the clutter of not needed stuff... what a project this has become. Sad
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... final post regarding this issue ... Smile

I found out, from HP, the Imaging program for the WinXP embedded restore, will just support up to a 2GB DOM, according to HP Tech Help, even though it may capture from a larger DOM, restoring it won't write the serial# back.

So... now we know.

The Thin Client T5710, itself, will support the 8GB DOM, and you can install whatever OS you like there... and the 1GB RAM also works on it.

HP said it's time to update their Capture Program. Razz but they're not going to do it for just ONE(1) request. Rolling Eyes

It works for putting the Image onto, or capture from the DOM, and then resizing it to the full 8GB, but just has trouble placing the Serial# of the computer (TC) to the DOM.

If more Thin Client users ask for the update to this Capture program, HP will do it.

I suggest you all call HP at 1-800-633-3600 and use the option #1 then #2 , then, at the voice prompt, speak the words "Thin Client" and you'll be connected directly to the Thin Client TECH Support... and ask for this update to be done.

If you want to , of course. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: