magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

System Backup *Need Software Suggestions*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poo619
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: System Backup *Need Software Suggestions* Reply with quote

Hello all,
Seems like we have a bunch of smart people here who like to try out various pieces of software so I figured this would be a great place to ask. I will be setting up a a few computers in the next couple weeks and am interested in a free and/or open source system backup software. I want to install all my software and security patches for windows, boot up the backup software (off a USB flash would be great) and create a restore image. Chances are the computers will only have 1 HDD so if saving directly to DVD is possible I would love that (I eventually want the image on spanning DVDs depending on how large the backup is). Keep in mind that I am a Windows user so a friendly GUI is almost a must. Me and command lines butt heads every now and then. Thanks for reading and for the suggestions you might post
richardtaur
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo can try the DiscWizard from Seagate at http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=DiscWizard&vgnextoid=d9fd4a3cdde5c010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD
It is easy to use, and it is free.
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could help, but my solution isn't free unfortunately. I'm a longtime user of Acronis True Image and it hasn't let me down yet. It's also great for creating live incremental backups on the fly on your copy of Windows.

If you decide to spend some, you can't really go wrong with Acronis.
Poo619
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I'll be getting home from work in a few hours and will be checking them out. Anyone else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: