magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SUSPENDED excessive outbound calling

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
visser
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: SUSPENDED excessive outbound calling Reply with quote

I received an recording stating to call 2148445124 due to excessive outbound calling. The magic jack states free long distances and local calling. Please help 9193991540. Question Question Question Question
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: SUSPENDED excessive outbound calling Reply with quote

visser wrote:
I received an recording stating to call 2148445124 due to excessive outbound calling. The magic jack states free long distances and local calling. Please help 9193991540. Question Question Question Question

Just curious are you a tele-marketer or something? How many calls do you make per month?
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This smells of being a scam. The 214 number is a Southwestern Bell customer in Dallas, Texas. I don't know of any MJ operation center in Dallas, and don't believe that they would subscribe to SWB lines instead of YMAX lines. My gut tells me that you called somewhere using your MJ, and that company sold your phone number to some marketers.

Can you still make outbound calls? Do you truly believe that you are not an abusive user? Please fill us in.
AlaninKY
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visser e-mailed me this morning
> I received a messiage suspended excessive outbound calling. I purchased a
> five year contract with Magicjack and did not understand that there was a
> usage restriction on outbound calling? Have you heard of this?

My answer
I have not received a suspended excessive outbound calling notice. I have
heard about this happening to some from this Forum. I have 4 magicJacks and
I divide up the use of magicJacks between each of them is maybe why I never
received a suspended notice.

I also have a 5 year contract with two of the Jacks.

I need to add visser did not tell me about the phone number
(214) 844-5124. What happened when you called that number?
http://www.tracenumber.com/area/214-844.html
It's a Dallas , Texas Southwestern Bell Tx number. Now why would magicJack use a Southwestern Bell number?

Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gregg
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: SUSPENDED excessive outbound calling Reply with quote

visser wrote:

The magicJack Terms Of Service allows them to cancel your account if they feel you are making too many calls.

magicJack Terms of Service wrote:

You agree that you are responsible for your own communications and for any consequences that arise from them. You agree that you will use the magicJack device in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Among other things you will not agree to, and will not authorize or encourage any third party to: (a) prevent others from using their magicJack devices, (b) use the magicJack device for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose, or (c) remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the magicJack device, including those of any of our business associates, from whom we may have licensed certain components used in the magicJack device. Violation of any of these obligations may result in immediate termination of this Agreement, and may subject you to state and federal penalties and other legal consequences. magicJack reserves the right, but will have no obligation, to investigate your use of the magicJack device in order (a) to determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or (b) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. If magicJack sees excessive use, including but not limited to, a customer whose usage is twenty (20) times more than the average magicJack's customers usage, or systematic or intentional misuse, it reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the magicJack device and/or Software immediately, and you will not be entitled to get a refund of any licensing fee or any other fee you may have paid to us.
VoipDude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research on this, and discovered that Ymax (magicJack's parent company) does operate a POP location in Dallas, Texas, and does use the 214-844-xxxx exchange through Southwestern Bell.

VoipDude
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is still on the marketing scam.

Imagine... a marketing scam that is trying to steal customers away from MJ's marketing scam. P.T. Barnum would be proud.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup same problem here as of yesterday
i have had magicjack since november 2008

i had only called from montreal to vancouver and 4 other friends in Ontario and i live in Quebec and I got this message also yesterday for only call 5 people .... what the helllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

5 numbers and i get suspended !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the number it tells me on the advisement and it tells me to call back the texas number for what ever reason, the call never goes threw since i been trying to resolve the issue

what the hell is the joke, this company is a scam for suspending my account for ONLY calling 5 people in all of the 6 months of having this magicjack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becareful people this magicjack is a scam and also i paid for the 5 years and i havent even used it for 6 months where do they have the right to suspend an account for someone like myself who only calls 5 people in all Question
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technoman: is there a customer service number that i can call

Sonya: We don't have a phone support yet, only this chat support.

Technoman: so there are no minute packages that we have to purchase monthly

Technoman: its UNLIMITED MINUTES monthly ?

Sonya: Its not unlimited but rather free call on limit of minutes.

Technoman: what limit of minutes *I THOUGHT IT WAS UNLIMITTED OF MINUTES*

Sonya: But you will not purchase any minutes unless you will call internationally.

Technoman: i can talk for like 24 hours a day and not be charged more than 20 dollars a yr

Sonya: There will be a limit of 1 hour per call.

Sonya: Its not unlimited, but rather its a free call but there is a limit of time per call for each registered user.

Technoman: ok, so after the hour is up than how long after that can i make another call, and why is it only one hour i can talk

Technoman: so say after that hour is up on the call that i made, what will happen it i havent hung up

Technoman: the call and im still talking or will it just disconnect me

Sonya: You will be disconnected for over usage of time per call

Technoman: i will, so then why is that?

Technoman: see i knew there was a catch,

Sonya: Its because magicjack offers free call and not unlimited call time, to prevent also excessive usage of the magicjack.

Technoman: WELL, HOW MANY HOURS CAN I TALK THEN ON IT? A DAY

Sonya: In a day, we don't have exact hours, but per call its one hour and majicjack can suspend your account if too much minutes spent with 1 call.

Technoman: OK SO SINCE THERE IS 24 HOURS IN A DAY, THEN THAT MEANS I CAN CALL 24 TIMES IN ONE DAY RIGHT ?

Technoman: but i wouldnt be able to call the same number though right

Sonya: I wouldnt suggest on that.

Sonya: You will be notified for excessive use.

Sonya: by our system

Technoman: YES IM SUSPENDED FOR CALLING 5 PEOPLE AND TALKING AS LONG AS I WANT WITH THEM ?

Technoman: and what does that mean ?

Technoman: if i get notified
Technoman: I did get notified *I CANT CALL ANYONE ANYMORE*

Sonya: Try to read the Terms of service.

Technoman: SO BASICALLY THE BUTTOM LINE IS THAT YOU MISS ADVERTISE THIS "FREE CALLING AND MENTION NOTHING IN HERE ABOUT ONE CALL AND ABOUT USING TO MUCH TALK TIME, SO BASICALLY ITS PREPAID MINUTES THAT WE ARE DEALING HERE ON A MONTHLY BASIS AND I HAVE PAID 5 YEARS AND GET CUT OFF IN 6 MONTHS FOR TALKIGN TO MUCH WITH 5 FRIENDS ??????????

Technoman: I DID READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING YOU THIS QUESTION?

Sonya: its not prepaid minutes since you will not pay anything monthly.

Technoman: YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHANGE YOUR RULES THEN

Technoman: THIS IS NOT WRITTEN IN THE TOS "LIMITED TALKING"

Technoman: FREE MEANS "UNLIMITED TALKING"

Sonya: Free calls but not unlimited talking, its different.

Sonya: You are free to call but not unlimited use time.

Technoman: SO, NOW THAT WE HAD THIS CONVERSATION, YOUR TELLING ME I CAN NOT TALK TO 1 PERSON AS LONG AS I WANT ?

Technoman: BUT YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU PUT THAT IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE

Technoman: YOU GUYS HAVE SCREWED ME OVER THEN

Sonya: okay

Technoman: goodbye since i can not call my friends anymore
areamike
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my chat with MJ support about what they consider "excessive use"

Quote:
Marykate: Hi, Good day to you.

Marykate: Okay,Please hold for few moments while I review your prior chats with the recent operator and your issue. Thanks...

Marykate: Thank you for holding Mike.

Marykate: Yes, that's right If the magicjack user is use the device exessively. The unlimited service will be cut off.

Mike: what is magicjack's definition of excessive? 10 calls per day? 20? 50? 1000?

Marykate: Sorry Mike, I cannot give you specific details about that. I suggest that you will just use the device properly.

Mike: Ho do I know what properly is when you cannot tell me what your definition of excessive is?

Mike: Per your TOS: a customer whose usage is twenty (20) times more than the average magicJack's customers usage?

Mike: what is the average magicJack customers usage?

Marykate: I am very sorry, I cannot give you specific details for that. just use the device like your ordinary phone line .

Mike: It is a simple question. If I make 20 calls in one day and the average magicJack usage is 1 call per day, then I have used my magicjack in excess?

Mike: I highly doubt I will use the device in excess, I just want to be sure as to what magicJack's TOS says when it is vague in that aspect.

Marykate: No, not that case Mike. You can use the device even for business use and the reason why we do have a policy like this is to prevent others from using their magicJack devices and use the magicJack device for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose.

Mike: ok. I do not plan to do that. It is for normal daily use. Thank you for your help.

Interesting huh? Others should inquire MJ support about this and see if you get the same vague answer. Sounds to me like MJ can shut off your service for any reason basically and then say it was excessive use. I'm not complaining by any means. I have no issues with my MJ or the service. I just thought this was interesting.
robatino
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that MJ doesn't expect to be around in 5 years, purchasing a 5-year contract probably puts one at the head of the line when they're looking for people to cut off to relieve their capacity problems (since they don't expect to be receiving any future payments from these customers, anyway).
areamike
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robatino wrote:
Assuming that MJ doesn't expect to be around in 5 years, purchasing a 5-year contract probably puts one at the head of the line when they're looking for people to cut off to relieve their capacity problems (since they don't expect to be receiving any future payments from these customers, anyway).

That is the very reason I did not purchase the 5yr deal. I'll just pay as I play. For 20 bucks a year, I'm not going to sweat over it.
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Average Use Reply with quote

How many folks have been unsatisfied with MJ and threw them in the drawer or trash. Everyone of those is "0" calls/minutes usage per day. That could bring the "average use" way down. Just a thought.

OTC
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to ask to all the people on this forum who lost service with MagicJack for excessive use,
( how many calls were you making a day, how long were you on the phone for lets per say a day ) ?

so in a day i was using the phone calling 1 person a day and i had spoke to them for 60 minutes until i was cut off then of course i had to recall the person to continue our conversation
Rolling Eyes

All i want to say is magicjack is with us and

"saying when the first made magicjack they knew they were going to make shit loads of money, then when magicjack got enough clinets thats when they started to realize its time we randomly cut service and for people who have not even used to excessive just for them to go and pay again for another magicjack"

basically now there just cutting tom dick and harry, like my girlfriend says magicjack takes your money and then runs!
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Mikel'

Mikel: Hello, how may I help you?

technoman: is there a customer service number that i can call

Mikel: I do apologize but we can only assist you through chat Tecnoman.

Mikel: We use Tech Chat to better assist you. By using Tech Chat, we can send you instant upgrade links and run several diagnostic tests, that cannot be done over the telephone. We are also able to see where you are located, what OS and Internet browser you are using. Lastly we can see that your Internet connection is working too.This will provide the best Customer care experience and keep you most satified.

technoman: its UNLIMITED MINUTES monthly ?

Mikel: What minutes do you mean Technoman.

technoman: so i can talk to my friend for 5 hours a day and this is normal average use per say a registered magickjack client

Mikel: It is unlimited Technoman.

technoman: really

technoman: so after 1 hour of conversation i get cut off

technoman: why is this

technoman: then since im cut off i do have to recall back that same person to continue the same conversation

Mikel: The quality of the calls will depend on the speed of your internet connection.

technoman: and after an hour again i have to recall back that person so then ive just called them back 3 times and then lets say around a week from now thats excessive abuse, correct ?

Mikel: Yes.

technoman: how would it be my internet connection when i never have had a problem with my DSL company

Mikel: Okay.

technoman: so your saying yes that its excessive to talk to someone 5 hours a day or 3 hours a day, what are the rules

Mikel: There's no specific number of calls actually.

technoman: cause in your TOS it doenst say how many hours i can talk to 1 person, it onl says that magicjack can cut me when ever they feel like it

Mikel: Yes, that's true.

Mikel: As I have said there's no specific number or time of calls.

technoman: doesnt that sound a little scammish, we are the ones paying ofr this unlimitted service and you have this right to take this away from us ?

Mikel: Thank you for your patience. I will transfer you to a higher level of support. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Roy'

technoman: hello roy

Roy: Hello I am Roy the supervisor.

Roy: Please hang on for a while, let me read your chat with Mikel

Roy: One moment please...

technoman: ok

technoman: so you just read what mikel and i chattd about, how can you help me? because right now roy i'm mad. i pay for this device and magicjack cuts me for now reason.

technoman: and i'm not the ony person that magicjack has cut off service to

Roy: ok

Roy: When did this issue start?

technoman: i feel like an ass for buying magicjack for 5 year. here you guys have advertise on tv that it is sooo much better then a regular phone that is pluged into a wall or even better then all the v.o.i.p servive perviders

Roy: I do apologize for the inconvenience.

technoman: it started on tuesday

technoman: well there wouldn't be any inconventience that in the rules or in the tos that i couldn't talk to anyone i wanted to for the amount of time i wanted to talk to them

technoman: you guys clam to be unlimited talktime

Roy: Are you using the USB extension cord, the one that came with magicjack?

technoman: so stick to ur words and rules or pay back the money for the remaning 5 years

technoman: cause i can't use my phone to make calls

technoman: what does that have to do with my service being cut

Roy: May I have your magicjack number please?

technoman: if i give you my magicjack number am i going to have my service back yes or no?

Roy: Yes

Roy: I got it now

Roy: May I have your magicjack number please?

technoman: XXX XXX XXXX

technoman: when is my service going to be back on

technoman: oh by the way for u to understand don't send me any phone numbers for me to call to reactivate my phone cause i can't use my magicjack for calls

Roy: Thank you so much for holding. I already forwarded your issue and information to our engineers . In fact, they are now working it to fix your issue, please try again within a couple of hours since we are currently doing the upgrade of your accounts. I will advise you to just try to make a call to the number mentioned below for more details and for you to know the updates.

Roy: 214-884-5124

technoman: ok so if in a couple of hours i go and try this same number that i can't call and it doesn't work then what do this all over again

Roy: Please feel free to chat us back for further concern, don't worry our chat is recorded you won't start all over again.

Roy: Thank you for your time
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Im Still without a MagicJack and can not make any calls nor can i get my refund back for the remaining 5 1/2 years that my service is paid for Evil or Very Mad
Zen
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you whose services have been suspended, I strongly recommend contacting a law firm that deals with class action lawsuits and explain to them what MJ is doing. If there are enough people with the same problem, a good class action lawsuit can be brought against MJ. Because MJ is being sold and used nationwide it becomes a federal case. This means the case will be filed in a federal court, which is more sympathetic to the consumer.

Also, because MJ has deep pockets a law firm would probably seriously entertain this idea. Consumers should not let companies like MJ take their money and not provide the service. At the very least MJ should return the money with interest. There is plenty of law on the books about these kinds of scams. Don�t let MJ get away with it. Somebody has to take a stand.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well for my 5 1/2 years of paid phone service threw magicgjack that im still entitiled to recieve, which they refuse to pay me back for!

they will have to pay me back all my money in the end and to all the others they frauded and scammed!

Last edited by technoman on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I even called the FCC and you know how magicjack say they are FCC approved?
Well the FCC said they aren't approved by them- they never even heard of them.
Other people had filed complaints with the FCC about magicjack but the FCC said they can't find an address for them.
I gave them the one that was on our box that the magicjack came in but i found out tonight online that that address isn't even their address.
It belongs to some lady.
How horrible that people can do this to us.
How can they let scammers get away with it- it's all over the Internet Ripp Off sites, Fraud Sites BBB and so many more sites there posted on.
What a huge mess!!!

MagicJack 1 thing I will say is this
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I see with magicjack is that once the bubble burst and they disappear, people will again stop trusting VoIP - just like what happened with other VOIP companies.

If it's too good to be true - it's NOT true.

Step 1: Start a company.
Step 2: Sell a million units at $40 "for 5 years or service".
Step 3: Issue the owners millions in dividends.
Step 4: File bankruptcy, and live happily ever after.

this is exaclty what there doing !

Their sales figures are MADE UP in order to attract more sales, they're trying to use the "everyone is buying it, and so should you" mentality against you.

Their 5 years promotion, as well as reporting "increased sales" are both tell-tale signs of the end. They are getting desperate for new customers and new revenue, and soon they will no longer be able to keep up with their bills.

Do yourself a favor everyone reading this, go with another VOIP company before magicjack scams you !!!!
areamike
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Dan Borislow's address?

1045 S Ocean Blvd Palm Beach, FL 33480

He's the inventor. When I did a lookup on him in Palm Beach, I got 3 addresses.

Here they are:
Daniel Borislow
work
223 Sunset Ave, Ste 223
Palm Beach, FL 33480-3855
(561) 832-3021

Daniel Borislow
work
830 S Ocean Blvd
Palm Beach, FL 33480-4815
phone number unavailable

Daniel M Borislow
home
1045 S Ocean Blvd
Palm Beach, FL 33480-4932
phone number unavailable <-This one mentions an Household member named Michele L Borislow. (Wife?)
Zen
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a place to start. They have all the resources to get results. Contact them and then post the results here.

consumerwarningnetwork.com
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Complaint Reply with quote

Technoman,

AreaMike has provided three options for the inventor's address. Why don't you send him a nice, cogent letter outlining your situation. Ask him what the deal is.

Caution, I would not take the tone of your posts for the tone of the letters. Just a suggestion.

OTC
joevv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods, please move this to the appropriate thread it has no thechnical value.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

show me in the TOS where it stats the MagicJack will be discontinued over how much time ?

What I am asking is show me where it stats how long we actually can talk for and what is acessive usage ?
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread is essential for me as I am tired of paying $40 a month for phone service. I think about $10 with intro of $5 a month is good for phone service.

I feel that MJ should suspend anyone thought to match telemarketing patterns. Anyone using for phone business reasons.

But for personal use, 3 hour calls are normal for long distance family, and females. 8 hours per day is normal in bad weather and sick days. Not to mention those few days a month where tech support, on hold, and calling many places for answers. Tech support alone, like to put you on hold for hour before answering to cut their volume, only to disconnect you after 2 minutes..oops, call again.

Phone based biz and telemarket prohibitions is a must. The rest is fuzzy, and rightfully so. Though 3 hours per call and 24 hours per week, with a min of 40 calls per day, needs to be stated.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well for 1 i had not used the phone everyday until a friend of mine got into a car accident in late March begining of April an is now in wheelchair, so i had been calling this person cause of the accident and injuries it has left them for 1 week and a half for every day 3 hours per call * same person * then all of sudden i was cut from service !
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is wrong, Perhaps a petition demanding 3 hours per call, 24 hour week and 40 calls per day minimum!

I was reading about OOma. MJ works like dream on cable with 14 kbps upload limit which is like only 3.5x dialup download speed.

I am concerned only MJ of all voips might work with such a low upload bandwidth.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked today with a chat rep from magicjack and was told that the normal number they said
they did not know the system decides it.
They bury that in the terms of service and don't give you a number that is excessive.

so again what is the excessive time in the Terms Of Service ?

i spoke 3 hours a day for 1 week and a half and got suspended and thats over there normal average per user basis ?
( my friend was in wheel chair while i was talking to him, durring the suspension! )

Lets get realistic, who are they fooling, cause they only fooling themselves? Also they are digging themselves in a deeper hole by lieing to all of us, smells like a scam to me!

This product announces unlimitted talk time, well then stick to your words and stop BS us the people who bought magicjack!
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technoman wrote:

technoman: ok so if in a couple of hours i go and try this same number that i can't call and it doesn't work then what do this all over again

Roy: Please feel free to chat us back for further concern, don't worry our chat is recorded you won't start all over again.

Roy: Thank you for your time

not to metion ever since that chat conversation, how they say we have all your information and we will not make you start all over, i been having to repeat the same stuff over to them ever since Rolling Eyes

huh ---> then why everytime i have to repeat myself ever since that conversation where they told me i dont have to .. they just told me that, so they can get me off there chat system, BS is what it all is Exclamation
joevv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technoman wrote:

This product announces unlimitted talk time, well then stick to your words and stop BS us the people who bought magicjack!

This is BS! No where does it say unlimited talk time. Its free calls period! you don't like it get something else
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joevv wrote:
technoman wrote:

This is BS! No where does it say unlimited talk time. Its free calls period! you don't like it get something else

joevv

Never Pay a Monthly Phone Bill Again!!!
Free Local & Long Distance Calling from anywhere within the U.S. and Canada

thats adverticing free unlimitted , Idea Never Pay a Monthly Phone Bill Again!!! Idea

thats adverticing free unlimitted , Idea Free Local & Long Distance Calling from anywhere within the U.S. and Canada Idea

joevv i would advise you to go back and continue to work for magicjack
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technoman wrote:
I even called the FCC and you know how magicjack say they are FCC approved?
Well the FCC said they aren't approved by them- they never even heard of them.
As I have explained in detail in other threads, the FCC logo so prominently displayed indicates only that the device is compliant with the FCC rules regarding spurious RF transmissions. Since the device is not subject to certification (it does not connect to the POTS network, and thus has no FCC ID number), this can only indicate that it complies with the part of Class B that states that the device must not generate too much spurious radiation and that it must tolerate any spurious radiation received.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joevv wrote:

you don't like it get something else

well its easy said then done,if they would of told me i coulddnt talke for 3 hours a day i would of paid an extra 10$ for another provider, but in this case i was screwed left right and center along with many others!

So please unless your going to pay me back the 5 1/2 years then mind your bussiness, or pay me what i lost "joevv"!
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Areamike gave you the resource and oldtimercurt gave you the calm advice. It is time to cool down long enough to realize that MJ's marketing team has been very careful not to actually use the word unlimited. If they had, you would be quoting the word and not equating it.

So, please calm down long enough to compose your snail mail letter to Dan. Make sure that you run it through your spelling checker and your grammar checker before you send it out. The more objective details you include (examples of your calling pattern), the better your case will be. Also, the better you do at keeping emotion out of the letter, the better your chances of success.

We're not trying to flaming you here. We're only trying to get you to reduce your flame low enough to have any chance of success. Your flame is up so high right now it is burning yourself. I believe that if you present your case with a cool head and proper English you will prevail.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mberlant wrote:
As I have explained in detail in other threads, the FCC logo so prominently displayed indicates only that the device is compliant with the FCC rules regarding spurious RF transmissions. Since the device is not subject to certification (it does not connect to the POTS network, and thus has no FCC ID number), this can only indicate that it complies with the part of Class B that states that the device must not generate too much spurious radiation and that it must tolerate any spurious radiation received.

email the FTC, Federal Trade Commission and the FCC, the Federal Communications Commission with your complaints. They will not worry about a few complaints, but once there are hundreds of complaints, they will take immediate action.

The old story of Where there is a lot of smoke, there is a big fire.

Last edited by technoman on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mberlant wrote:
Areamike gave you the resource and oldtimercurt gave you the calm advice. It is time to cool down long enough to realize that MJ's marketing team has been very careful not to actually use the word unlimited. If they had, you would be quoting the word and not equating it.

So, please calm down long enough to compose your snail mail letter to Dan. Make sure that you run it through your spelling checker and your grammar checker before you send it out. The more objective details you include (examples of your calling pattern), the better your case will be. Also, the better you do at keeping emotion out of the letter, the better your chances of success.

We're not trying to flaming you here. We're only trying to get you to reduce your flame low enough to have any chance of success. Your flame is up so high right now it is burning yourself. I believe that if you present your case with a cool head and proper English you will prevail.

All to good to be true will go over very well with Wal-Mart, Zellers, and K-Mart.

While all of them are very good at taking things back, they are way too big to put up with that kind of stuff for long.

Remember when Wal-Mart employed that Executive to revamp Wal-Marts image and the jerk was making a gazillion dollars a year made a public ethic slur... well you don't hear about him much anymore. It is not nice to embarrasses "Mother Wal-Mart".
They will drop anyone or any product in a heartbeat that taints their Corporate or neighborhood image.

If Dan Blows his reputation with those folks he may find that just internet sales alone won't cut it.
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technoman

I noticed in your soft phone it is saying Ready to Call, but to the left of that is the ugly Advisement about your outbound calling being suspended!!

That really does suck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaninKY wrote:
technoman

I noticed in your soft phone it is saying Ready to Call, but to the left of that is the ugly Advisement about your outbound calling being suspended!!

That really does suck!

yes especially using the magicjack phone for only 3 hours a day around for 1 week and a half and it was an important call cause my friend had ended up in a wheelchair and MagicJack with out notice cut me with in 1 week in half Sad

I asked MagicJack why this happened to me and they claim that 3 hours a day for 1 week and a half is over accessive usage per user and this is the reason MagicJack cut me off from calling Sad

Not only did they cut me but MagicJack also screwed me, i cant even get my 5 1/2 years back from them that i already paid for Evil or Very Mad
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

technoman wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Im Still without a MagicJack and can not make any calls nor can i get my refund back for the remaining 5 1/2 years that my service is paid for Evil or Very Mad

Sorry to hear you've been cut off. Have you asked MJ chat to re-instate your account now that you know there is a limit on talk time per day and that you'll keep your calling time to 1-2 hours per day? You may not get a refund, but you may get back some use of your MJ.

Being cut off at 3 hrs/day everyday seems like a low threshold, anyone have experience talking for ~3 hrs/day and not being cut off?

If the threshold for being cut off is 20 times the average caller's usage, then given the number of MJ's out there and just assume the average usage is 15 minutes per day (assuming many MJ's don't get used at all), then 20 times is still 5 hrs/day. To be cut off at 3 hrs, that means the average usage is 9 minutes per day.
docooo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would do - is tell them your MJ does not work and you
want another one FREE .. you hve the best plan and this will
gave you a free MJ - then just get another number and away
you go - there is always another way if you do not get pissed
and go over board with things ..

This worked for me ..

Doc
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the suspension permanent or just for the month? Permanent seems wrong and opportunistic, since a simple for-the-month suspension at first sign of "abuse" would suffice. It seems more like lets cut them off for any reason we can think of, so we can take the money. It seems like when the profit motive kicks in, the law of human in business costume behavior will be abusing the user. This cannot go unchecked. Yet I don't wish to see a class action suit, unless they become abusive, and continue to deny clarification of the call limits despite a call or web petition.

Anyone techno enough for petition?

I think 3 hours a a call/day average is minimal for a viable home line. Heck, I bet three hours is probably less time than MJ puts you on hold. And is about typical tech support time on phones on those week of support usage.

I haven't met a woman or chatty male capable to less than 3 hours a day on phones. And, on long distance to loved one, a 3 hour call done once a week is just normal. Then, there is the dating/hospital reasons for a 3 hour call.

I think anything less is probably more hypocritical than actuality.

With a 3 hour/call/day and 40 call minimum, the single people/the lonely/ the extra line people still will pull the average user time back down closer to a minute a day. With this limit, a telemarketer or insane user cannot abuse the service at peril of others.

I guess I will have to research the number for customer support that gets a response. I was under the impression they didn't answer the phones.
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think 40 calls/3 hours a a call/day average is minimal for a viable home line."

"Never pay a phone bill again!"

Never Pay = Viable line

Viable = ability to call-once in while- loved ones and catch up; or ability to use technical support and be on hold and work through problems; ability to call through phone book for free estimates (say 20-40 calls would be bare minimum to get a painter or like, as most would kick to voice mail.)

Abuse would be constant dialing every day, as a telemarketer. Or maturing teen, on phone 6 hours a day to 3 friends, where this behavior keeps up for weeks.
cdwaldron

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way past time for this thread and Technoboy to be sent to rants and raves. I doubt his version of the events. This more closely resembles the tirades of a teenager with drama needs.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdwaldron wrote:
Way past time for this thread and Technoboy to be sent to rants and raves. I doubt his version of the events. This more closely resembles the tirades of a teenager with drama needs.

The best thing to do is keep your gobs shut CDWALDRON, if all your going to do is put me down and tell me i bleong on another forum, if you want me to leave give me my 70$ and I will be glad to leave with out a doubt be glad to join another VOIP company !

But i am only trying to tell my story on being suspended since this is the topic to talk about it Wink

For the rest of you who are concerned, i saw this ad on the NET and said heck i would love to save money so i canceled my services with Primus Canada * 30$ a month *
unlimitted calls North America a month and i would spend hours a month on the phone, never did i get cut, but i ONLY choses MagicJack cause of the price!

but i been fooled and lied to about MagicJack

see i have had service with MagicJack now since November of 2008
did not use it much before i got cut, my wife was using since Novemeber to call Ontario, and she spoke to her mom for 1 hour a week and we Live in Quebec next province away.

in the middle of March 2009 my friend had got into a car accident and was placed into a wheelchair, so i had called my friend who was placed into a wheelchair over in British Columbia

so by the end of march when he got out of the hospital was around the 27th of March when i started to call him and we would talk 1 hour then get cut off by MagicJack and then i would speak another 1 hour and get cut and have to return the call the 3rd time to make it 3 hours in total a day for around 1 week and a half until i GOT SUSPENDED !

Last edited by technoman on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
cdwaldron

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Moderator, move this to Rants and Raves. There is absolutely no technical value to this thread.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdwaldron wrote:
Please Moderator, move this to Rants and Raves. There is absolutely no technical value to this thread.

grow up yourself and let the users talk for themselves on here as you can see im in the right topic responding in the right thread

The topic of this thread is ^ SUSPENDED excessive outbound calling
MagicJack ^

heres a bit of how you are on here, most of it is telling the opts what to do

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/search.php?search_author=cdwaldron

Last edited by technoman on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. we got his story.

1. could someone write a program to show stats on usage?

There is some tech issue.

2. Anyone know how to start an electronic petition?

3. I am wondering, can MJ be a viable alternative and truly allow me to drop the landline as advertised. (Easter day, and wife had 3 1hour calls with one 1h1m, and 3 half hour calls, and more to come. I nervously type.)

These concerns are not rants. Repeating same story, may be. I think the whole specification issue, and how it relates to viable usage for a home line is the core concern of the product.
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so anyone else have the actual limitations on to how long we actually can talk on the phone and what is over usage time compared to what is normal usage talk time ?

if anyone can guide me, im willing to hear
technoman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

degarb wrote:
ok. we got his story.
These concerns are not rants. Repeating same story, may be. I think the whole specification issue, and how it relates to viable usage for a home line is the core concern of the product.

you are correct i am just responding to what people are asking and of course trying to stick to this topic for this thread Wink

for something i forgot to mention also was yes i have paid for 5 additional years on top of the 6 months that remained for the service so the suspension on my account is a loss on 5 1/2 years which they will not reinburse me at all threw chat nor did they give me any links to file my complaints to for the billing department, of course MagicJack with out any proof i was using it over the normal usage, or then i would say look this is what they sent me and have you all see my usage of phone time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: