magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STILL WORKING STRONG AS MY ONLY PHONE SERVICE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicJackLinux
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Well over a Year and fine, now using on Linux Reply with quote

I agree. I've had ZERO problems once I found you had to allow OUTGOING in the router I have for Yahoo Messenger. Before that all 0's showed and no contact list was filling in. But found this forum and MJ help. I've used it for well over a year now and love it. IN FACT, I did a blog about Damn Telephone charges and the increases, taxes and made UP line charges. I dared my contacts on my old Social site page to Compare stupid phone bills and their fictitious costs they add on. Thanks USA, you beat out Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Hastings UK for Ridiculous add on charges. We all had a nice laugh comparing our bills and extra costs. BUT I did something about it. I hardly ever used the land line. But when I did, the costs of the calls were almost as much as the 35$ a month it cost just to have the damn phone. I was paying close to 70.00$ a month just with a handful of calls. I said FU!! to AT&T's phone. I was able to have DSL and no phone. Jumped at the chance and bought Magic Jack. Works perfect. I changed over to Linux for now, and it brought a host of problems with things like Magic Jack and Slingbox viewing. BUT Virtual BOX fixed those. Linux support for MJ is in the works, *not holding my breath though. I'm very happy with Magic Jack, I plan on buying more time when the date arrives after next year. I don't even mind if it's unplugged overnight or if my computers off, I prefer it that way. No solicitors or unwanted blabbing while I'm watching Sports.
kos99ngel
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 years running magicJack on thin client never have had any issues whatsoever! I can't see myself paying for Vonage service. I like only paying those $19.95 a year......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mjuser119
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: using MJ+ as primary number Reply with quote

Just a heads up...some hospitals cannot contact MJ numbers. I have a friend that works in a hospital and called my MJ # and got this message. "your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again (313-90)." They tested and found YMAX Communication (Magic Jack CO) rejects calls from PRI circuits � something about the D-channel. So just wanted to post this as a heads up. I love my MJ BTW. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: