magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
SP36064 unexpected error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magibson
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: SP36064 unexpected error Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what I am doing wriong? Purchase HP T5710 and TS1GDOM44H-S. Formatted a USB as a bootable drive with HP USB Stroage Format Tool V2.0.6.
When I run SP36064 I get ďAn unexpected error occurred while writing the USB flash device.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: SP36064 unexpected error Reply with quote

magibson wrote:
Can someone tell me what I am doing wriong? Purchase HP T5710 and TS1GDOM44H-S. Formatted a USB as a bootable drive with HP USB Stroage Format Tool V2.0.6.
When I run SP36064 I get ďAn unexpected error occurred while writing the USB flash device.

1. You need to use a two GB. HP recommends a thumb drive twice the size of the flash ... 1GB flash => 2GB T.D.
2. All Thumb Drive are not created equal. Quote from HP, which I have verified by experiencing thumb drive that after making them bootable they became a hit and miss game. Some times they will boot other times not. I have a bunch of the $5 dollar Kingston that Wal-Mart was selling and they are amoung the worst offenders. I bought a bunch and had one that was so bad I just pitched it in the trash; the other are usable but it will be a long time before I ever buy those again. SanDisks with US still on board will put you in the loony bin.
3. If the thumb drive has U3 on it make sure you use the removal tool available from U3.org or SanDisk. Thin Clients don't play well with U3.
4. An alternative is use the "Thin State" capture utility in the control panel. I find it to be a little more friendly. But then I am always looking for the easy way out. Smile

PS - I have other Kingston thumb drives that work great. I have a funny feeling that the $5 dollar specials for black Friday were not of the best quality. Sorry I can't tell you the model, it seems that Kingston call all their T.D. "DataTravelers", which makes it a little difficult to narrow down the model I am suggesting you stay away from. Sad

HolmanGT - St. George, UT MJ-Area/Prefix 435-275
ooma-Area/Prefix 435-579
Baja Broadband, up-1mb dn-10mb, on days with a good tail wind.
MJ on HP T5730 2GBF/2GBR Thin Client XPe SP2 Router Dlink Dir-655
magibson
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Vista USB formatting Reply with quote

I got a suggestion from HP Business support and that was to download the T5830 file (sp40146) and select USB Format. Open the T5710 file (sp36064) and select Deployment to PC. Copy the .img file from the PC and replace the.img file on the DOK. It worked!
Thanks for your input.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vista USB formatting Reply with quote

magibson wrote:
I got a suggestion from HP Business support and that was to download the T5830 file (sp40146) and select USB Format. Open the T5710 file (sp36064) and select Deployment to PC. Copy the .img file from the PC and replace the.img file on the DOK. It worked!
Thanks for your input.

Very good,

But don't leave us all hanging Wink what finally made it work?

Regards,

PS - did you mean 5830 or is that a typo?

HolmanGT - St. George, UT MJ-Area/Prefix 435-275
ooma-Area/Prefix 435-579
Baja Broadband, up-1mb dn-10mb, on days with a good tail wind.
MJ on HP T5730 2GBF/2GBR Thin Client XPe SP2 Router Dlink Dir-655
godsantagonist
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Vista USB formatting Reply with quote

magibson wrote:
Thanks for your input.

ok, did this and it seemed to work. couldn't figure it out before why it wasn't working. used a 4gb sd card.

ps it was a typo, it is the t5730
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: