magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Someone else Magic Jack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koki00
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Someone else Magic Jack Reply with quote

Hi I purchase an used M J, but I can not use it because I need to renew the subscription, and I need the person's email and password to activate it, is there any way to disable that and start all over like new subscription?
Thanks
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Someone else Magic Jack Reply with quote

koki00 wrote:
Hi I purchase an used M J, but I can not use it because I need to renew the subscription, and I need the person's email and password to activate it, is there any way to disable that and start all over like new subscription?
Thanks

For the price of your own NEW magicjack why would you even need to buy a used one Shocked
tsmith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd need to get that person's email and password in order to make it work, and MJ support won't give it to you for security reasons. Unless you can contact the original owner and get the info, methinks you wasted your money.
koki00
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
lychy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Someone else Magic Jack Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
koki00 wrote:
Thanks

For the price of your own NEW magicjack why would you even need to buy a used one Shocked

I always wonder that when people post about buying a used one!
A brand new one is very cheap and you don't have to deal with the B.S. of a used one.
koki00
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't know.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koki00 wrote:
didn't know.

Exactly. And it's pretty silly for people to ask you that. If I bought an electronic gadget for a few bucks (hopefully that's all you paid), I doubt I would do a full internet search to check out the pros and cons first. After I couldn't get it to work I would probably find a nice friendly forum, ask a nice friendly question and be surprised at people asking me "why would you do that"? Duh, because I only paid $10 for it and decided to play around with it.
koki00
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!! that's exactly what happen, I only paid $15.00, and I was able to get from the person who sold me, his email and password. CASE SOLVED!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koki00 wrote:
THANK YOU!! that's exactly what happen, I only paid $15.00, and I was able to get from the person who sold me, his email and password. CASE SOLVED!

In case someone IS doing a search before buying a used device, $15 is the MOST I would pay for a used one. But if you can get the email and password, there is little risk. And if there is still time left on the other persons year of service, it's a bonus.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
koki00 wrote:

In case someone IS doing a search before buying a used device, $15 is the MOST I would pay for a used one. But if you can get the email and password, there is little risk. And if there is still time left on the other persons year of service, it's a bonus.

Even better if MH has the orig owner CC# on files so when it is time to renew the new owner doesnt get billed Smile Actually he should contact the orig owner and let him know to look out for that charge on his bill since that would be the right thing to do. I mean the orig owner could have said NO when asked for his email and password and was a nice guy about it.
koki00
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just registered it to my name and CC for one year.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koki00 wrote:
I just registered it to my name and CC for one year.

Good for you that was the right thing to do.
Just for giggles I would still let the orig owner know to keep their eye out for when it was time to renew. In MJ's early days they have been known to double bill and such. Better safe than sorry as the saying goes.
koki00
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was already expired
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koki00 wrote:
It was already expired

Ok then it sounds as if you are all set..

Have fun with your new toy..
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. Congratulations. And welcome to our personal hell called MagicJack. I'm sure we will be seeing lots of you in here. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: