magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some In-Coming Calls Not Coming Through

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetulz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Some In-Coming Calls Not Coming Through Reply with quote

Hello,

I know of at least two local numbers (I suspect there may be more) that can not call my home phone number since I had my number ported to Magicjack Plus. When they attempt to call they receive a message stating my number is not in service.
I have not had any problems making out going calls and I do receive some in-coming calls.
My MJ+ is connected to a Netgear N600 and my internet provider is Optimum Online. My home phone used to be through Optimum Voice (part of a triple play package) and one of the two known numbers that can no longer call me is still with Optimum Voice. This made me wonder if Optimum was doing something dirty behind the scenes... but then I had another friend, also on Optimum Voice, call me successfully and the other known number that can't call is not on Optimum, so I guess it's nothing they are doing.
Could it be a porting issue? I'm currently using the DHCP setting, should I switch to a static configuration?

Thank you,
John

Last edited by Beetulz on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
SailorDave
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Incoming calls problems Reply with quote

All I can do is add to the list of issues with some incoming calls. I have some where you can not hear the caller at all, but they can hear you. I also have ones where the call is disconnected at exactly 15 minutes and one second. All other incoming and outgoing calls are normal. And yes, each problem call is associated with a specific exchange number and the same telephone number ALWAYS has the same problem. If I return the call, the problem goes away, I can hear the person and it does not automatically disconnect at 15+ minutes. Welcome to the magic in the jack. Unfortunately the problem could easily lie outside of things in our control. It is not a router setting for sure.
Beetulz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetulz, SailorDave,

I'd be interested in learning whether you live within a five-mile radius of a city with a population of at least 80,000 people. If not, what is the population of your closest city of at least 80,000 people, and how far away are you from it?

I have a theory that this device works best in areas where people fit these criteria.
Beetulz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenman,
Yes, the population within the local area is well over 120,000 and over 1.5 million in the county.
greenman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetulz wrote:
Greenman,
Yes, the population within the local area is well over 120,000 and over 1.5 million in the county.
Thanks. Is there a local phone company in your area that might magicJack might be blocking or getting blocked by?
SailorDave
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Population within 5 miles Reply with quote

That is a tough one to answer, but my best guess is that I am close to 80,000 within a 5 mile radius. Melbourne is the nearest city, about 9 miles away and certainly has that kind of density.
greenman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Population within 5 miles Reply with quote

SailorDave wrote:
That is a tough one to answer, but my best guess is that I am close to 80,000 within a 5 mile radius. Melbourne is the nearest city, about 9 miles away and certainly has that kind of density.

Melbourne FL has a population of 76000, but they have quite a number of available exchanges for the 321 area code, so I guess my cut-off estimate of 80,000 is a little high.
Only a couple exchanges at Tyndall AFB are blocked by magicJack. None others are currently listed in Florida.
I guess I need to rethink the theory.

Thanks SailorDave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: