magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Softphone Ringer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HendersonMike
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Softphone Ringer Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the ringer on the softphone? I'd love to put in Lily Tomlin's "One Ringadingy - Two Ringadingy"
TreasureGift
MagicJack User

Location: On a mountain side in the high desert of far West Texas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried, but it gave me an error message something about the number of bits on the wav file. Perhaps there is an easier way to get to the screen that will let you change the ring, but this is the way I get to that screen that will let you change the ring, I start MJ normally, open up the file on my computer called mjusbsp, I delete the skn file that I am NOT using at the moment (if I'm on the small skin, I delete the big skin...), then I restart the program through the advanced user screen on the MJ softphone, as soon as it's off, quickly BEFORE it restarts, I go back to the mjusbsp file and delete the other skn file, when MJ starts up, it will use a Windows default looking skin, there you can click on options and change the ring. But as I said, when I tried, it gave me an error message about there being more bits of something like that... oh well, gave it a try, I'm sure if you could figure out what it requires, you might be able to find a wav file that would match, maybe you could even re-record it at the required bits... Question

The next time you start MJ, it will reinstall the skin files you deleted and it will appear as before. Oh, I almost forgot, be sure to make a backup copy of the skin files, I don't know of any way it might be a problem if you don't, but I can't be responsible for any changes you make on your machine.

Hope this helps or at least give you some ideas,
Wretha
HendersonMike
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TreasureGift, I'll give that a shot next free moment when I ain't expecting any calls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: