magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So what are my alternatives?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swampwiz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: So what are my alternatives? Reply with quote

I may be in a situation in which my MagicJack does not work for many months (i.e., using someone else's wireless router over which I have no control, which seems to be an issue with MagicJack lately.) Anyway, I do like MagicJack's pricing system of basically $20/yr (I guess that has gone up, but still just a few $ per month.)

It seems that everyone else is quite expensive - or maybe I just haven't looked. I am in strange situation in that I am outside the USA, and if I had to get a dongle like MagicJack's, I would not be able to get it - so anything I get must be completely downloadable.

What do you suggest?
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using a soft phone like xlite and a mic with your computer. Almost all VoIP companies have directions for setting this up. Nice thing is if you don't like the VoIP provider then switching is easy. A few good providers I have used are callcentric, VoIP.ms, localphone and sipgate.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A voip adapter will make it possible for you to use Google voice which is FREE and a whole bunch of good VOIP providers right now, Newegg had an Obi 202( which I would recommend) for 59.99 with free shipping. You will not look back at MJ
Blinn Moris
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just recommend to replace and use full set up of CISCO VoIP phones as it would be provide you the best things to have in.
Markwinstanley
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all members please share any free alternative for magicjack
Macsams
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skype and Ooma is there for free calling. BUt I love using Magicjack they offer 30 day free trails service as well.
janetfdoss
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Very Informative Reply with quote

I have found amazing alternative to magic jack. I have never thought about these alternative ever before. Thanks

buyit com
anjanavj
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Best Majickjack Alternatives Reply with quote

you can find many regional voip service providers just contact them you will get without using majic jack you can able to call.
grmoro
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Alternatives to MagicJack Reply with quote

One solution is to just put the device itself aside and use the Windows, Android or iOS apps on a device with your account credentials. Pair that device with a bluetooth headset and you're good to go. I still do this and don't really use the hardware device anymore.

If you're in Canada, then you could look into Fongo or Freephoneline. Nice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: