magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So really what do we all think.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AOF
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: So really what do we all think....... Reply with quote

I happened to see this the other day on TV during some news show. After watching the commerical and running to get a pen to write down the number before the commerical ended. I decided to look around the net for some real insight on what seems to good to be true.

I am from Canada and would love this, if it really works. My typical phone bill is around 100-300 per month.

So questions I ask......Is there Canadian phone numbers?

And is this thing really worth it?
ChuckIL
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: So really what do we all think....... Reply with quote

AOF wrote:

So questions I ask......Is there Canadian phone numbers?

No

AOF wrote:
And is this thing really worth it?

It depends on whether it works well with your specific computer configuration, applications, BIOS, etc..., and the only way to find out is to buy one. For some it works great, for others it's a pain in the ass.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a site for canada purchases....whats the price the TV dude is offering you? They might be ripping you off on it or it could be the same person.
Peace
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
curiousgeorge
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also tought it was to good to be true, but if you really think about it for $40.00 a year why not try it? I did and its better than I expected and its a new beta product so hopefully it can only get better I pay $24.99 for v*nage in two months it pays for itself and more,so for me it was a no brainer.hope this helps
AOF
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
There is a site for canada purchases....whats the price the TV dude is offering you? They might be ripping you off on it or it could be the same person.
Peace
Kumar

The price I saw was 39.95 and then 19.95 a year after that.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...You aren't being ripped off:-D How much are they charging for the shipping?
Kumar

P.S I am guessing this is in CA dollars?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AOF
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
Ok...You aren't being ripped off:-D How much are they charging for the shipping?
Kumar

P.S I am guessing this is in CA dollars?

I hope so!
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOF,

Just one comment to you. If I had a two to three hundred dollar monthly phone bill and for $30 dollars risk free could reduce my bill to whatever your basic monthly phone service cost is I would strongly urge you to give it a try.

Even with no Canadian telephone numbers just use it as your outgoing line there is no advantage cost wise to using it as your incoming line anyway.

Mine has work great from day one and I was so impressed with the call quality that I purchased two more, one for my daughter and one for my Sister. There experience has been excellent and both of them installed the MJ without my assistance. That was a little crushing to my ego but the damn thing just works and works well.

PS - You know how difficult it can be to please some women especially if it is some quirky Hi-tech gadget but both my daughter and sister use the MJ on an XP machine more than their landline so that is a pretty good testimonial in itself. Oh and one more item to keep me honest it is almost flawless on XP, on Vista occasionally it does some strange things but then so does everything else I run on my Vista machine.
Jacksondale
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see an advantage using my MJ for incoming calls! With the number of people now who use cell phones and have unlimited LD plans on their phones most (but not all, and this depends on whether incoming calls for non-magicjack users are charged LD charges) people can call with no charges. Because I want people to be able to call me, I am able to use the MJ and GC combo as a primary line now. We have a Vonage line in the house that my wife pays for (300.00+ a year) and good luck to me being able to get on that with a wife and teenage daughter...lol. Hopefully in the future we will all have access to a local telephone number. So incoming, outgoing, it's all looks like 60.00 for two years of phone service to me. Very Happy
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a skeptic when the device first came out like many others. I went ahead and bought the extra year. Once MagicJack gets all of its bugs worked out, I don't see why it won't be a pretty good communication device. Granted, it has its pros and cons, but I use mine to call anywhere in Alaska and back to the lower 48 with no problems whatsoever. I'd give it a thumbs up considering the price is about two or three months of regular service to save a couple of hundred right off the top.
digitalnomad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it a shot. Fun to play with, if nothing else. I think Canadian dollar is worth more than USD now, so you may be getting a deal. Finally getting it over us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: