magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smallest BASE - DECT Phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reboot66
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Smallest BASE - DECT Phone Reply with quote

I have read everything on this site with respect to DECT handsets that work with MJ. What I am looking for is one that (of course works with MJ) HAS THE SMALLEST BASE for portability so I can bring the cordless phone with me when I travel.
For me, the biggest use I get from MJ is when I travel (to U.S or U.K - I live in Canada) is to call back to Canada when travelling. I would like to carry along a portable DECT phone, but the bases are usually big and bulky. I don't really care about features other than it rings on incoming to the MJ.

Any one have suggestions?
Thanks
SteveInWa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: DECT 6.0 Phone recommendation Reply with quote

I don't know how small of a base you expect to find, but realistically, the base's size is dictated by needing to be at least large enough so that you can put the phone in the base vertically for charging, and the phone and base don't topple over. That said, I have a relatively new Panasonic KX-TG9361B DECT 6.0 phone connected to my MJ. It's a ruggedized phone, so it would be ideal for travel (won't break as easily if dropped/banged around). It has a no-frills, small base without any speakerphone or answering device. Sound quality is outstanding, and I use it with a high-quality wired headset.

OR, if you really want to travel light: I assume you are plugging your MJ into a laptop? If the laptop has Bluetooth, why not just use a Bluetooth headset (like the kind used with cell phones)? You don't need a telephone plugged into the MJ -- you can configure the MJ control panel to use your PC's audio device. IMHO, this is the best solution for a traveler, unless you really need to move away from the MJ more than 20 feet or so.
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the predecessor to this one, it is small and easy to pack and works great American Dect 6.0

I dont know about shipping to Canada, but.. with a couple of stronger AAA batteries (Mine uses AAA) It is a great long lasting charge and clean audio..
Let me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: