magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shame! MajicJack charged order WITHOUT my "SUBMIT"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markdwa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Shame! MajicJack charged order WITHOUT my "SUBMIT" Reply with quote

I am a MajicJack fan, I have three of them.

But I just got royally pissed as I entered all my info for the MJ+. The FINAL screen (after many attempts to get you to buy upgrades) is a summary screen, with a "CONFIRM ORDER" button at the bottom.

I NEVER CLICKED THE BUTTON. I opened a new tab to research some final doubts I have about yearly pricing and other things.

When I went back to the MJ+ order tab, it said THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER. A CONFIRMATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT......

That is BS MajicJack. In fact, it's ILLEGAL. And I no longer want your new product with a $29 (for now) annual fee (that could go up to infinity anytime, as evidenced by your shady business practice of confirming unconfirmed orders).

I will return it. And I'm not going to research your dishonest site to cancel it pre-ship. I'm going to receive it, open it...THEN return it. Just to feel better. Sad
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this too. I was doing the same thing and I came back and the order had been submitted.
markdwa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Wow. It gets worse. Reply with quote

It gets worse.

After posting, I noticed on the order confirmation email a statement that said "if you want to change this order, Reply within one hour of receipt".

So I replied, and cancelled the order.

I received a cancellation confirmation email from MagicJack.

So all's well, right?

Oh no! Today, I get the order charged to my debit card!

I am no longer a MJ supporter. These guys are dirty.
finder216
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be stating the obvious, but can't you just follow CC procedure and "contest" the transaction? Pretty crummy if their website is setup to work that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: