magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running MJ as a service on Mac OS X??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miershpedankl
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Running MJ as a service on Mac OS X?? Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to run MJ as a service on Mac OS X? I have multiple users and when I change from one to another I lose service.

Thanks!
iman07
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why hasnt anyone responded to this? is it possible or not? i couldnt find anything about this on this site.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of stating the obvious, why don't you ask this question in a Mac OS X User Group forum?
iman07
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuz i hate starting new threads for the same question. clogs up the forums. and whats the point if no one answers. a question has already been asked on the mac forums but no answers.
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, apparently no one knows, or has tried it... So you broaden your search. I'm not sure of ways to run as a service on Mac OS, because I, like you, have noticed that it does disconnect when changing users. But, I generally don't do that, so have not needed to invest in figuring out a solution.

Let us know if you come up with something, though!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jawwadjee
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone found a solution or workaround to Magic Jack loosing service upon switching users? I've searched quite a bit but haven't been able to find anything yet.
sdt1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: MJ Problem When Switching Users Reply with quote

jawwadjee wrote:
Has anyone found a solution or workaround to Magic Jack loosing service upon switching users? I've searched quite a bit but haven't been able to find anything yet.

I have searched high and low as well without finding any type of fix. So far, I've tried changing permissions on magicJack.app without any change. I've also tried to enable my root account, log into it through fast switching, and try to install MJ there, but after double-clicking on it, nothing happened -- when I returned to my own account, it had launched there instead! The only thing I have noticed that I believe has something to do with this, is that magicJack installs in a system directory called .magicJack, so it's running as a system app, and not local to my own ~account. Still, trying to run it from the "root" account should have solved that. I'm stumped at this point. If you don't switch users, and just time out to screensaver, it will work while in screensaver mode.

Also, there seem to be a bunch of MJ pop-up blocking apps for WINDBLOZE, but not Mac. I would also like to be able to keep MJ from popping up every time a call is made or received on the telephone handset.

Anyone who can help with these fixes would be a hero in my book! Cheers.
sdt1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: I found a work-around for the switching users issue... Reply with quote

There was another post for the same issue to which I replied. See http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/using-mj-with-multiple-logins-t9423.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: