magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

router problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecooper
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: router problems Reply with quote

When I run magickix I get a message saying my router or firewall is preventing me from using it. Help.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: router problems Reply with quote

ecooper wrote:
When I run magickix I get a message saying my router or firewall is preventing me from using it. Help.

ecooper,

Do a search on here and you will find the ports and protocols that need to be available to MagicJack. You can then open those items to MagicJack and all should be fine.

That said it is not like you need to run MagicFIX every day. If you think you need to run it just put your machine in the routers DMZ run MagicFIX and then turn the DMZ off again. You are not going to get infected as long as you don't go off to some crazy WEB site while you have the DMZ open.

PS - do you have plug-n-play enabled in the router it should take care of all that for you. You may also need to go into the configuration on your firewall and enable MagicFIX to run. Heck it can be almost anything ever the security level in your IE browser and you are aware that you have to have JAVA installed for it to run also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: