magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REPUBLIC WIRELESS Unlimited hybrid Wi-Fi/cellular $19/month

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: REPUBLIC WIRELESS Unlimited hybrid Wi-Fi/cellular $19/month Reply with quote

The country's first hybrid Wi-Fi/cellular service - truly unlimited minutes, texting and data for $19/month; once set up, automatically uses Wi-Fi when you're in Wi-Fi area (like at home or work, the Motorola android phone that the service uses stores multiple network SSID/password combos) and automatically hand-offs to Sprint's *3g* cellular network - USING ONE "REGULAR" PHONE NUMBER FOR BOTH. http://republicwireless.com/
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

259.00 for the phone ... and ONLY good on that network ...

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...
SteveHC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Actually, $249 for the phone, plus $10 to set up the account. The price is not unreasonable, given that the phone is a smartphone. And of COURSE the phone can only be used on Republic Wireless - after all, its firmware/software and built-in hardware has to be able to do the wi-fi-to-cellular handoff as seamlessly as possible, even during the middle of a call (Republic and Motorola are still in the process of refining that handoff technology). And Republic is the ONLY company providing such an integrated Wi-Fi/cellular service.

What I find slightly disappointing is that the cellular data service is 3g and not 4g. Nevertheless, overall the concept's sound and the price is excellent for unlimited minutes, texting and data. In fact, there is NO unlimited plan that's cheaper, even when you include the cost of the phone.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When not connected to a wi-fi network, calls are handled through Sprint's regular cellular *voice* service (not voip over 3g data). Unlimited SMS texting works over both wi-fi and cellular.

The service is still technically in beta but up & running and available to the general public.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: