magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Renewals can only be done with credit card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Renewals can only be done with credit card Reply with quote

I don't know about everyone else but I do not like magicjack having my credit card info. That is why I bought it with PayPal in the first place.
MagicHack
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Renewals can only be done with credit card Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:
I don't know about everyone else but I do not like magicjack having my credit card info. That is why I bought it with PayPal in the first place.

Security is magicJack's #1 priority. Your credit card information is safe there.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so smoking rope MagicHack Shocked
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, what's so dangerous with trusting magicJack with your credit card information? Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thirty5tech
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaninKY wrote:
Come on, what's so dangerous with trusting magicJack with your credit card information? Twisted Evil

I wonder thats as well, But if you dont used your CC online, then that is understandable , but if you do used your CC online but dont want to with magicjack why is that, If you dont trust them with your CC, why will you trust they're Device ?

But we all have our opinion and have ways of doing things that might not be right or wrong to others, But hey, that is whats makes us unique from the rest of us in this world, ok , enough of that , got a bit carry away there, But in case you want to used your CC online but want to be safe , get yourself a Prepaid CC from radioshack or from your CC provider .

that way, you only have to transffer your money from your CC to your Prepaid one .

so if they steal your info or CC number, what are they getting ? if no money is in it.
MagicHack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thirty5tech wrote:
AlaninKY wrote:

I wonder thats as well, But if you dont used your CC online, then that is understandable , but if you do used your CC online but dont want to with magicjack why is that, If you dont trust them with your CC, why will you trust they're Device ?

But we all have our opinion and have ways of doing things that might not be right or wrong to others, But hey, that is whats makes us unique from the rest of us in this world, ok , enough of that , got a bit carry away there, But in case you want to used your CC online but want to be safe , get yourself a Prepaid CC from radioshack or from your CC provider .

that way, you only have to transffer your money from your CC to your Prepaid one .

so if they steal your info or CC number, what are they getting ? if no money is in it.

It is not that I (and some of the members here) do not trust magicJack with my credit card information. The issue is that magicJack is notoriously bad with security.

People are nervous that a malicious 'hacker' could simply query the magicJack database, and obtain a list of credit card info for magicJack customers.
gooney

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does magicjack use a third party to manage purchases? I thought these guys manage the credit cards --> netsuite.com

When i purchased my MJ and input my credit card info it was this site (netsuite.com) that was on my browser address and not magicjack.com... This was back in february.
MagicHack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooney wrote:
Does magicjack use a third party to manage purchases? I thought these guys manage the credit cards --> netsuite.com

When i purchased my MJ and input my credit card info it was this site (netsuite.com) that was on my browser address and not magicjack.com... This was back in february.

Yes, I believe a 3rd party handles the Credit Card information (thank god). So, 'hacking' the magicJack server to obtain credit card information would probably not actually work.

Or course, if you could do it, you'd get my credit card number, since I bought both of my magicJacks with a credit card...Smile
root
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use prepaid credit for online, of course you pay extra for the privilege. But if you have the patience to wait a bit, you save up all your online wanna's, load the card, surcharge is the same whether or not it's 20 dollars or a thousand, then pull the trigger. No worries.
Jacksondale
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you can get your credit info stolen at the Doctors office or even the bank. Like they say go prepaid. (If they take mine they'll give it back...lol)
gooney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My visa and master card both has fraud protection... I have no worries.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my CC info stolen at one of my favorite "hole-in-the-wall" restaurants, so it can happen anywhere. Bank of America offers "disposable" credit card numbers for use when buying something or paying for something over the WWW. I'm guessing most of the major credit card companies would offer the same service.
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely good to avoid permanent cc on file. I use Paypal whenever possible and then sometimes prepaid if required.

If cc # file is not a concern, then maybe just write blank checks.
snafu2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Paypal account you can get a "Virtual CC Number" which will be good for one purchase only, or one that is for one vendor only with no restrictions on number of payments....your choice.
gooney

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snafu2 wrote:
If you have a Paypal account you can get a "Virtual CC Number" which will be good for one purchase only, or one that is for one vendor only with no restrictions on number of payments....your choice.

Good one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: