magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing An Old/Deactivated Device From MagicJack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rozy_2000
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Removing An Old/Deactivated Device From MagicJack Reply with quote

Hi, I spent the better part of an hour online chatting with MJ support and not progress and am wondering if someone knows the answer for this.

I'm trying to figure out how to remove two old devices on my MJ account. Is this possible? I need to remove these devices since are both are old/unused and since the oldest device is also inactive since I upgraded to the MJ Plus, I am unable to setup 911 services for my current/live MJ plus device I am using.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing An Old/Deactivated Device From MagicJack Reply with quote

rozy_2000 wrote:
Hi, I spent the better part of an hour online chatting with MJ support and not progress and am wondering if someone knows the answer for this.

I'm trying to figure out how to remove two old devices on my MJ account. Is this possible? I need to remove these devices since are both are old/unused and since the oldest device is also inactive since I upgraded to the MJ Plus, I am unable to setup 911 services for my current/live MJ plus device I am using.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks!

Don't think it can be done. I upgraded my device over a year ago and transferred my number to the new device. The old device still shows up in my account even though it's been inactive with no number attached to it for over a year. If you find a way, be sure to post it, because while it means nothing being there, it irritates me that I can't delete it.

It didn't interfere with me getting 911 on my new device, so it's possible, but I don't think the 2 issues are related.
kito0t
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can contact live chat to remove your deactivated device
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kito0t wrote:

That didn't work in the past, with repeated requests for deactivation. However, when they switched over to the new "mymagicjack" page, my old device was gone, so hopefully they are more open to removals.

Now, if anyone knows a way to get them to delete an active magicTalk account, I would love to hear details on that.
kito0t
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
kito0t wrote:

That didn't work in the past, with repeated requests for deactivation. However, when they switched over to the new "mymagicjack" page, my old device was gone, so hopefully they are more open to removals.

Now, if anyone knows a way to get them to delete an active magicTalk account, I would love to hear details on that.

like I said you can ask the agents and force them.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kito0t wrote:

I've asked at least 4 times on the MagicTalk to be deleted and have gotten nowhere. How do you "force" them? Refuse to get off chat, they will just disconnect you.
kito0t
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
kito0t wrote:

I've asked at least 4 times on the MagicTalk to be deleted and have gotten nowhere. How do you "force" them? Refuse to get off chat, they will just disconnect you.

ask for top 10% agents. of course they are not allowed to transfer you immediately until they give you some fixes even though it doesn't work.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kito0t wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
kito0t wrote:

ask for top 10% agents. of course they are not allowed to transfer you immediately until they give you some fixes even though it doesn't work.

For shits and giggles, I'm on chat with them now about it. We may be talking about 2 different things. I have nothing to be "fixed". I have an active Talk account that I do not use and do not want. It's good until October. They are telling me they won't delete it, until at least then. I've gotten the exact same response every time I've asked. Maybe you can chat with Rosemary about it, she is refusing to pass me on at this point. She is trying to tell me their 10% agent (singular) is busy, but she will help me. Shocked

Edit: I gave up. It turned into a Mexican standoff ( no offense intended). She wouldn't pass me on.
kito0t
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
kito0t wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
kito0t wrote:

For shits and giggles, I'm on chat with them now about it. We may be talking about 2 different things. I have nothing to be "fixed". I have an active Talk account that I do not use and do not want. It's good until October. They are telling me they won't delete it, until at least then. I've gotten the exact same response every time I've asked. Maybe you can chat with Rosemary about it, she is refusing to pass me on at this point. She is trying to tell me their 10% agent (singular) is busy, but she will help me. Shocked

Edit: I gave up. It turned into a Mexican standoff ( no offense intended). She wouldn't pass me on.

w0w strong agent.
darbo1982
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: DONE! BAM! Reply with quote

The following is my actual chat to get the app removed from my wifes account with hopes of adding it to mine:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Anna'

Your Issue ID for this chat is ##############

Anna: Hello, how may I help you?

Wife: I want my device removed from my account

Anna: Hi Wife

Anna: May I have the phone number of the device that you want to
cancel in your account please?

Wife: *#########*

Anna: Please wait while I check that for you

Anna: As we have checked it here that is your Iphone App account?

Wife: I don't have an iphone (she really does, I am holding it right now)

Wife: please remove the device

Anna: I see

Anna: hold on

Anna: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Abraham'

Your Issue ID for this chat is ##########

Abraham: Welcome to the higher level of support. This is Abraham, and I will be assisting you on your concern tonight.

Wife: That is wonderful

Abraham: Just to clarify Wife , Would you like to Cancel and delete the magicjack APP in your account?

Wife: Yes I would

Abraham: Sure Wife, We will remove that service as you request. May I have the best email to get in touch with you regarding your request please?

Wife: Email address....
Abraham: Thank you Wife

Wife: how long will it take?

Abraham: We will get back to you via email once the process will took place, no worries, and I will make this as a priority to be fix as soon as possible. By the way, I hope I did an excellent job addressing your concerns for today. Also, , I may not able to pull out information regarding the time frame since I don't want also to give you false hope regarding the time. But as one of the Supervisors right here, you have me in this matter, and you have my word that I will do the best that I can to have the resolution be sent, ASAP.

Wife: That is wonderful

Abraham: Thank you Wife

Abraham: Would that be all for now?

Wife: Yes it would, I will watch my email

Abraham: Thank you for your time Wife, And Glad to Assist you tonight.

Abraham: To be eligible for your reward, please click here. Your reward instructions will be emailed to you. Thanks again!
darbo1982
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Details Reply with quote

The chat took a total of 10 minutes from Anna's first response
radzkillah
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can ask the so called Supervisors to report the issue and deactivate the said magicTalk Software/Unused device in the account.

I'm sure they have the authority to do that. Laughing
econcepts
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: well, its three years later Reply with quote

Well, its three years later - The following is two hours I wish I could get back...

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Janeth'

Your Issue ID for this chat is ******************

Janeth: Hello, how may I help you?

Janeth: We use Tech Chat to better assist you by sending instant upgrade links, running diagnostic tests, and troubleshooting your Internet connection, which cannot be done over the telephone.

Janeth: Hello, how may I help you?

econcepts: hi there

Janeth: Hello there

econcepts: I need help with two things.1) I am trying to add a new android device and I downloaded the app, but the number I want does not show up (555-1212) only the newer number (555-1000) shows up. How to change

Janeth: Please wait while I check that for you

econcepts: 2. I have found three old devices under magicapp mobile devices that have not been used for years and I want to delete them. I cant seem to find where to delete them.

Janeth: One moment please...

Janeth: Please open the MJ App and look for the Purchase Upgrade and tap it

econcepts: as for item 1) when I try to login, it asks "which subscription would you like to use" and the ones listed are the old ones I want to delete. they show the 555-1000 number and I am afraid that if I click it the phone will be stuck with that number. Please advise.

Janeth: One moment please...

econcepts: There is no purchase upgrade because I have not completed the login process.

Janeth: How many choices do you have there?

econcepts: two

econcepts: notused1 and notused2

Janeth: Thanks

econcepts: (that's what I named the mobileapp accounts that I was not using)

Janeth: please Shut done the smart phone

econcepts: its off

Janeth: Thanks

Janeth: please turn on smart phone now

econcepts: starting...

Janeth: and do the same process tell me if you have the correct number now

econcepts: seems like you changed the number for "notused1" and it looks ok now. So how to delete notused2 and notused3?

Janeth: Lets just keep that on account for the mean time econcepts if that is okay for you

econcepts: but doesn't that mean that I will have to do this chat thingy again if I have a different magicjack number that I want on a mobile device?

econcepts: I have four devices on this account, two have not been activated yet

Janeth: no need you can always see it now upon tapping the Purchase Upgrade

econcepts: hum, during the initial setup there was no upgrade option because I had not completed the login process. Can I complete the login with the wrong phone number and then change it to the right one after I get into the app???

Janeth: Yes just how we did today.

econcepts: you did it today

Janeth: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

econcepts: I don't want to have to resort to calling or chatting with tech support next time.

Janeth: I understand that econcepts.

Janeth: I am happy to help you.

econcepts: I don't see where I can change the number in purchase upgrade

econcepts: this is only for adding credit

Janeth: Please hold, I am transferring you to a senior agent.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Georgina'

Your Issue ID for this chat is ***********************

econcepts: yes I will wait

Georgina: Welcome to the higher level of support. Please give me a few moments to review your previous chat. I will be right back. How are you?

Georgina: Thank you so much..

Georgina: One moment please...

econcepts: it seems ridiculous to me that I (the end user) cannot manage something as basic as which phone number to use with the mobile device, am I missing something?

Georgina: I will do my very best and my aim is to help you. . Please simply follow all the steps that I will send you and please do not make any unnecessary steps until I will tell you to do so..

econcepts: of course

Georgina: econcepts as I've double checked it here, your MJ app on your NOTUSED2 uses the MJ phone number (555-1000) and your MJ app on your NOTUSED1 uses the MJ phone number (555-1212) right?

econcepts: yes, but as you can see by the log, I just setup notused1 on a new device and notused2 and 3 have not been used in a long time. In addition to the previous concerns, I am also concerned that I can only have two android devices attached to this account. Since I have other devices that will have different numbers. Please advise.

Georgina: Please wait while I check that for you

Georgina: okay and it is noted that you registered the notused1 on a new device and notused2 as well..

Georgina: econcepts if don't want to use the MJ app to your other Android device or Iphone device, simply uninstall it.

econcepts: the phone is long gone and destroyed, but the entry remains in mymagicjack.com

Georgina: I see and please tell me what is the device name you want to de-activate on your MJ account now?

econcepts: sorry, I got bored and renamed the notused1, but notused2 should not have been used in a long time.

Georgina: No problem..

econcepts: does it have recent activity?

Georgina: As I've double checked it here, your Device Name: NOTUSED2 don't have any activity until now..

econcepts: it should not even have any now.

econcepts: other than a rename

Georgina: okay and you want to de-activate that Device Name: NOTUSED2 right?

Georgina: okay and you want to de-activate that Device Name: NOTUSED2 right?

econcepts: deactive notused2 and notused3

Georgina: Please give me the following for Verification purposes:

Georgina: 1. Full Name

Georgina: 2. Email address

Georgina: 3. Physical address registered with magicJack

econcepts: questions that have not been answered 1. Can I delete the magicapp entries in the account that I dont use? 2. Will I have to call support again to use a different number next time? 3. Can I have more than two android magicapps (what I am looking for here is a number, I am going to have at least four devices on this account).

econcepts: econcepts, email address (address, there is two, work and home not sure which I used). either address1 or address2

Georgina: 1. econcepts we can de-activate your notused2 and notused3 right now here in our end..

econcepts: does de-activate mean delete? ok

econcepts: I cannot manage it myself?

Georgina: Let me explain more about it..

econcepts: thank you

Georgina: 1. econcepts we can de-activate/delete your notused2 and notused3 devices right now here in our end.. . 2. If you have other concern regarding for the MJ app in the future, you can chat us back so that we can assist you all your magicjack concern..

econcepts: I thought you were going to explain more about it?

Georgina: 3. Please take note that you can only register 1 Android device on your MJ account.. If you want to re-activate again the de-activate MJ app on your Android device, you have an option to register it in the same MJ account OR register it into other MJ account..

Georgina: econcepts can we de-activate now your notused2 and notused3 into your MJ account?

econcepts: but I have four devices, are you saying that I can only have one android device on the account, eventhough I have four devices on the account?

Georgina: Right now, your MJ account registered 2 Android devices (NOTUSED2 and SAMSUNG) and 1 Iphone device (NOTUSED3) and 1 Standard MJ device and 1 MJ plus device right?

econcepts: I have purchased two other magicjack go, that I have not activated yet, because ATT would not let me transfer the numbers. I have not had time to get the transfer unlocked.

Georgina: I see econcepts and We are currently doing some system upgrades for the magicAPP, that why you can only register 1 Android device per MJ account however you can register multiple MJ devices on your MJ account as you wish..

econcepts: well, I want to give the new number to my wife and son, they are on different devices - are you saying that is going to be impossible?

Georgina: Yes for the MJ devices (not for the MJ app)..

Georgina: As I've mentioned above that you can register multiple MJ devices on your MJ account as you wish and uses different MJ phone number per MJ device..

econcepts: no, I want to put the new numbers on two different magic apps on two different phones using the same account, are you saying that is going to be impossible?

econcepts: yes, different mj phone number per mj device is as I would expect

Georgina: I see and right now it is not possible since We are currently doing some system upgrades for the magicAPP,.

econcepts: so how long until it is possible. Perhaps I need a refund? and buy under different accounts?

Georgina: okay and for the MJ app is not possible right now for 1 MJ account only..

econcepts: I have three in there now.

Georgina: You can register your other MJ app into other MJ account using other email address and assign a new MJ phone number as well..

econcepts: I have to use another email address?

econcepts: so how long?

Georgina: YES exactly correct to register the other Android device into other MJ account..

Georgina: You can register the MJ app on your Android device using other email address anytime your want..

econcepts: then leave the other two active, since they cannot be added after they are removed and ... how long until fixed?

Georgina: YES correct and econcepts can we de-activate now your notused2 and notused3 into your MJ account?

econcepts: let me repeat, leave the other two active, since they cannot be added after they are removed and ... how long until fixed?

Georgina: Right now there is NO timeframe when the system upgrades for the magicAPP is done however nothing to worry since Every chat on this Live Person assistance is being reviewed by the Upper Management and your concern is highly noted as well. All our valued customers will know it once the MJ app feature is already available.

econcepts: uh, can you give me a hint, is it going to be weeks, months, years?

Georgina: Thank you for all the information and please hold on for a minute since I will make a report and pass it to our concern department so that they can check and look into it regarding this concern and so that they will be the one to find the resolution within our system .. Can you hold on for a while?

econcepts: holding...

Georgina: Thank you for waiting and holding. I'm done with the report so that our concern department can double check this very important matter.. . Please allow our concern department to double check, look or examine into it and most especially process a great resolution for this matter and so that if possible to register multiple MJ app on 1 MJ account . Please take note that I included on my report that you will be contacted via email regarding this matter.. This will be done asap and your concern is highly noted and highly top priority too.

Georgina:

econcepts: ok, thank you but I still don't know what to do with my two new magicjack go. Its very inconvenient to create new email addresses for this purpose (not even sure if I can? didn't I buy them with this account?).

Georgina: econcepts as I've mentioned above that you can register multiple MJ devices (not a mJ app) into 1 MJ account using different MJ phone number..

econcepts: well, if I do that, then I cannot use them with a mobile device since the account already has one app on it already, right?

Georgina: YES you are correct for that..

econcepts: that is a problem for me.
Georgina: I'm asking your great understanding and more consideration for this matter..

Georgina: I will do my very best and my aim is to help you.

econcepts: yes, I can see that you are not in a position to help further, but I am very disappointed in the higher ups for not giving you the tools to help. Seems like your company needs some engineering help as well. Have a nice day.

Georgina: Please bear with us. We don't want to lose you as one of our valuable customer.
Georgina: econcepts nothing to worry since Every chat on this Live Person assistance is being reviewed by the Upper Management and your concern is highly noted as well. Have a nice, great and wonderful day ahead of you . It is nice chatting with you. Be safe always and goodbye..
JoeAnonimo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: 1 bad experience is not equal to all bad. Reply with quote

Although you had a bad experience, I had a great one. I conversed with another representative on their live chat who told me that only 1 cellphone had access to the magicApp at a time per subscription. I asked to inactivate the iPhone line and and therefore allowing me to activate the android line just by logging into the app.The representative should ask you if you would like to do this and it takes about 2-4 minutes. This whole conversation took all of 10 minutes. Keep in mind the date I am posting this... I started the live chat on Christmas day and they took no more than 10 minutes of my time which I find remarkable. I just suggest you try again next time and ask for a diff representative.
steevg
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update this post after having a similar issue:

I purchased a MJ Go, and originally signed in using an iPhone - a short while later I needed to use an Android phone with the account, but the account has been locked to only use the iPhone app.

Just spoke to MagicJack support, and asked them if they could de-activate the Apple app. They advised my request would need to be escalated to a higher department.

They will be sending me an email to confirm that has been done.

I'll update this post as the situation develops one way or another.
steevg
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Resolved!

As I mentioned in the previous post - I called MJ's Live Chat support, and asked them to remove the Apple device from the account - which they did - a short while later I received a confirmation email. I logged in using an Android device and all's good.

Very simple to do and the support staff were excellent to deal with. Just needed to verify the address on the account and it was done instantly!

Hope this helps someone else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: