magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent automated message voice: Is it a different one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunder
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barb wrote:
I'm new to this forum, so it may take me a few tries to follow the correct rules.

I came home today and checked for any voice mail messages. I dialed my phone number, and the first thing I noticed was a different automated voice asking me for my password, etc. I now have an automated man's voice message whereas before, it has always been a lady's voice message asking me for my password.

I just need to be reassured that Magicjack indeed recently made changes to the automated voice. I called Magicjack chat help and spent over an hour and a half. One said maybe there were changes but they didn't usually get reports of them; another said no changes; then I was "escalated" to Engineering where they dropped me during the escalation.

Any info. about whether Magicjack made changes today will be greatly appreciated..
Yes it happened to me this afternoon. I thought is was because I had them reset my voice mail account. I am in the 630 (Chicago) area code just wondering if this is happening on all MJ locations.
MagicPhoneMan
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they changed it to a male voice. I don't like that it says "The Magic Jack customer at ..." I prefer callers not to know I am using MJ. The female voice only said "The person at.."
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally listened to the whole message, and they have also snuck an ad into the message at the end, asking the caller if they would also like free calls and if so to visit mj.com

And a side note. I can see deleting vulgar and obscene postings. But are they now deleting posts that are on the sarcastic side, like questioning if someone really spent 1.5 hours complaining about a change in the sex of the voice message person?

[mod edit] The OP complained about the sarcasm, so I deleted the sarcastic posts. They complained again, so I just deleted their account. Let the sarcasm continue.
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure enough. What's going on here?
fatmaninthebathtub
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicPhoneMan wrote:
they changed it to a male voice. I don't like that it says "The Magic Jack customer at ..." I prefer callers not to know I am using MJ. The female voice only said "The person at.."

I agree, and im not crazy about them advertising MJ using my voicemail.
Jano437
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just record your own message and you won't get....the magic jack customer message
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:

[mod edit] The OP complained about the sarcasm, so I deleted the sarcastic posts. They complained again, so I just deleted their account. Let the sarcasm continue.

Whew. This is about the only outlet I have left anymore for being a smart-ass, especially after the White House blocked my ISP address.

I guess I should apologize to the OP. I really thought it was a spoof posting. I would have bet money on it, which would explain my bad gambling history.

And not to beat a dead horse, but 1.5 hours with Customer Service on a change of voices? Wow. I guess it would explain why the chat was suddenly cut off when it reached the "engineering" level. They probably thought it was their drunk Uncle harassing them again.

And if the OP does check in again as a guest, I do apologize, I thought it was a joke. The only really mean guy on here is bitstopjoe. Laughing
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I resemble that remark John!!!!!

And yet not a single peep out of me on this post, till now..

Don't get me wrong I had a TAD to say but have been biting my tongue here a lot of late.. Damn I hit 57 and I go soft... Smile Hmm not a good choice of words Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. You had been kinda quiet lately, so I thought I would rattle the cage a little.

And I SWEAR I will stfu after this, but I would STILL bet that was a fake amigo_boy post. Shocked
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope never STFU as it keeps things fun here, and for those who do not get sarcasm?? Sad....... very sad..........
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Nope never STFU

Geeze, don't encourage me, but okay.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
Nope never STFU

Geeze, don't encourage me, but okay.

HA!!
Lets hope amigo-boy starts posting here again!! Can't wait to read your retorts to him.. Now THAT"S fun!!!!
mphixson
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried to call your magicjack number since the change?

I just tried to call it from SKYPE..
i get the message about trying magictalk, and then i get this message:
'your call cannot be completed as dialed, your caller id is blocked , please call your carrier to unblock your number.'

Looks like this will be my last year. if people can't call me who have blocked numbers..
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Dan's a nebbish!!! Reply with quote

MagicPhoneMan wrote:

MJ could use the female voice (Allison Smith) for making their own custom prompts for a measly $29 license fee.
https://www.cepstral.com/cgi-bin/store/cart?page=voices

Please listen to the following voice message for a better understanding of the situation

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19563358/dan-is-a-cheapskate.wav
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: