magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
READ THIS FIRST!!! Save yourself a headache.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BileeBoy
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: READ THIS FIRST!!! Save yourself a headache..... Reply with quote

If you're considering buy a MJ be sure to dig around this forum first. If you still go out and buy one after reading reading some of the customer experiences then you're an idiot. If it's too late and you already bought one I apologise for the headache your about to have. Don't waste anymore of your time, just throw it in the trash.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Google
AdSense





PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Back to top
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Southern Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Hard words!!!!! Reply with quote

if I'm the idiot, then how come my MJ has worked flawlessly, including call forwarding STILL for over 3 years now!!!! I guess making sure I have the right router set up properly for VOIP makes me stupid too!!! MJ may not be for everyone depending on IP service and routers, but just because yours doesn't work, doesn't mean we're all idiots for using ours!!! I haven't paid a long distance charge on my land line in over 3 years, and my daughter lives in the States and I'm in Canada, so we use our MJ quite a bit....yes there is a 90 minute limit....so you call back, big deal...and I don't like the issues arising either with the Call Forwarding feature, and the fact you can't even buy it YET makes me hope Dan is thinking that one over Smile
The other major point I've always come to reading this site is that people like to "bitch" when things aren't right, but those like me who are happy don't need to post, so we don't....therefore most of what you would read here would be negative vs positive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clay
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the forum heading is 'magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves', so he posted in the correct forum. Apparently, you are an idiot.

Have a nice day!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Southern Ontario

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay wrote:
Well the forum heading is 'magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves', so he posted in the correct forum. Apparently, you are an idiot.

Have a nice day!


who said anything about being in the wrong forum....he ranted, I ranted, so now who's the idiot...........2 days on the forum and this is how to get started......FYA!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are just too much LOL. By now, I'd hope that *anyone* considering VOIP knows that not all such services work equally well with all installations everywhere, that not all companies' customer service or tech support are equal, and that consequently one needs to purchase or sign up with one that offers a "trial period" with returns/money back provisions of some sort... THAT'S why "Bileeboy's" (or whatever he's calling himself) "suggestion" is so ridiculous - if a MJ device and its service doesn't work well for someone within a week or 2 of trying it out they should immediately return it and get their money back accordingly, NOT simply "throw it out" LOL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clay
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
Clay wrote:
Well the forum heading is 'magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves', so he posted in the correct forum. Apparently, you are an idiot.

Have a nice day!


who said anything about being in the wrong forum....he ranted, I ranted, so now who's the idiot...........2 days on the forum and this is how to get started......FYA!


Feel better now? It's good to let it all out once in a while.

151 posts telling everyone how well it works for you... wow! That's dedication.

I've finally found the guy that posts in all tech forums 'It works great for me!"

I'm curious, how long have you wanted to work for MJ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay wrote:
Feel better now? It's good to let it all out once in a while.

151 posts telling everyone how well it works for you... wow! That's dedication.

I've finally found the guy that posts in all tech forums 'It works great for me!"

I'm curious, how long have you wanted to work for MJ?


Clay - You *do* realize that your post sounds pretty crazy, right? There's no way this one person wrote 151 posts "in all tech forums" saying "It works great for me!" The *fact* of the matter is that MJ works for a LOT of people - most who try it, actually - but for a certain percentage it doesn't - just like most any other VOIP service. And like ALL VOIP services, MJ seems to have *many* customers who absolutely love it and say so online, and some who hate it and say so online. I myself have probably written *somewhere* that "it works for me" and trust me I am *not* "notdeadyet".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Southern Ontario

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had decided to leave this where it was, but THANKS SteveHC....it's guys like you, Bitstop Joe, myself and others that try and help out around here.
It can take some work, my in the end MJ usually works for most people.
The fact that we confirm how MJ can work for us is not for Dan's benefit, but for those who would like it to work for them, right???????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
The fact that we confirm how MJ can work for us is not for Dan's benefit, but for those who would like it to work for them, right???????


- Of course. The day MJ no longer works well for me or otherwise no longer meets my needs will be the day that I no longer subscribe to the service, plain and simple; until then, I'll keep using (and paying for) it. As long as it continues to work well for me, $20/year for VOIP service is pretty hard to beat to say the least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clay
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
Clay wrote:
Feel better now? It's good to let it all out once in a while.

151 posts telling everyone how well it works for you... wow! That's dedication.

I've finally found the guy that posts in all tech forums 'It works great for me!"

I'm curious, how long have you wanted to work for MJ?


Clay - You *do* realize that your post sounds pretty crazy, right? There's no way this one person wrote 151 posts "in all tech forums" saying "It works great for me!" The *fact* of the matter is that MJ works for a LOT of people - most who try it, actually - but for a certain percentage it doesn't - just like most any other VOIP service. And like ALL VOIP services, MJ seems to have *many* customers who absolutely love it and say so online, and some who hate it and say so online. I myself have probably written *somewhere* that "it works for me" and trust me I am *not* "notdeadyet".


Darn, if only you guys had really contributed to my other thread - where I was asking for help. Nope, you guys just had to waste your efforts jumping in on this useless thread.

Thankyou for this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
has9999
MagicJack User


Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Clay,
Had you done some searching in the fora you just might have found
some things to try with your "Vista" computer.
My MJ's have been working fine for over four years now.
And others that I have set up for friends have been as well.
AND I fax every week too!
With your attitude don't expect a lot of input to help solve your
problems from folks that might expect to get flamed for
simple suggestions.
Might behoove you to do some looking at your device manager
and a little time in regedit.
HAS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clay
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has9999 wrote:
Well Clay,
Had you done some searching in the fora you just might have found
some things to try with your "Vista" computer.
My MJ's have been working fine for over four years now.
And others that I have set up for friends have been as well.
AND I fax every week too!
With your attitude don't expect a lot of input to help solve your
problems from folks that might expect to get flamed for
simple suggestions.
Might behoove you to do some looking at your device manager
and a little time in regedit.
HAS


And if you had bothered to read to my other thread, you'd realize I don't have a Vista computer, explained what I have tryed, and asked for help other than MJ support. My point and case.


Last edited by Clay on Mon May 06, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
has9999
MagicJack User


Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay,
Obviously you can't even remember what you wrote, see below.

"I have an HP HDX 9000 laptop bought in 2008, not new but not that old either
Running Vista, not the best but it's what I have."

Now do you remember?????

{JEEZ......my bad Clay.
You did write that you are running Win7.
Sorry for that......eggs are on me!}


Last edited by has9999 on Mon May 06, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
has9999
MagicJack User


Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay,
Win 7 has some serious issues with certain driver loads.
Unless they are specifically written to comply with MS's take on
DCMA they just won't load and run.
You may have to load a copy of Win XP under your 7 license.
Downgrading is permissible or try to run it under an Admin
account and XP compatibility checked under runas.

Again my bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clay
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has9999 wrote:
Clay,
Win 7 has some serious issues with certain driver loads.
Unless they are specifically written to comply with MS's take on
DCMA they just won't load and run.
You may have to load a copy of Win XP under your 7 license.
Downgrading is permissible or try to run it under an Admin
account and XP compatibility checked under runas.

Again my bad.


Thankyou. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB Turbo Extended Edition © 2013, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.