magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

READ THIS FIRST!!! Save yourself a headache.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BileeBoy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: READ THIS FIRST!!! Save yourself a headache..... Reply with quote

If you're considering buy a MJ be sure to dig around this forum first. If you still go out and buy one after reading reading some of the customer experiences then you're an idiot. If it's too late and you already bought one I apologise for the headache your about to have. Don't waste anymore of your time, just throw it in the trash.
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Hard words!!!!! Reply with quote

if I'm the idiot, then how come my MJ has worked flawlessly, including call forwarding STILL for over 3 years now!!!! I guess making sure I have the right router set up properly for VOIP makes me stupid too!!! MJ may not be for everyone depending on IP service and routers, but just because yours doesn't work, doesn't mean we're all idiots for using ours!!! I haven't paid a long distance charge on my land line in over 3 years, and my daughter lives in the States and I'm in Canada, so we use our MJ quite a bit....yes there is a 90 minute limit....so you call back, big deal...and I don't like the issues arising either with the Call Forwarding feature, and the fact you can't even buy it YET makes me hope Dan is thinking that one over Smile
The other major point I've always come to reading this site is that people like to "bitch" when things aren't right, but those like me who are happy don't need to post, so we don't....therefore most of what you would read here would be negative vs positive.
Clay
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the forum heading is 'magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves', so he posted in the correct forum. Apparently, you are an idiot.

Have a nice day!
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay wrote:
Well the forum heading is 'magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves', so he posted in the correct forum. Apparently, you are an idiot.

Have a nice day!

who said anything about being in the wrong forum....he ranted, I ranted, so now who's the idiot...........2 days on the forum and this is how to get started......FYA!
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are just too much LOL. By now, I'd hope that *anyone* considering VOIP knows that not all such services work equally well with all installations everywhere, that not all companies' customer service or tech support are equal, and that consequently one needs to purchase or sign up with one that offers a "trial period" with returns/money back provisions of some sort... THAT'S why "Bileeboy's" (or whatever he's calling himself) "suggestion" is so ridiculous - if a MJ device and its service doesn't work well for someone within a week or 2 of trying it out they should immediately return it and get their money back accordingly, NOT simply "throw it out" LOL.
Clay
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
Clay wrote:

Have a nice day!

who said anything about being in the wrong forum....he ranted, I ranted, so now who's the idiot...........2 days on the forum and this is how to get started......FYA!

Feel better now? It's good to let it all out once in a while.

151 posts telling everyone how well it works for you... wow! That's dedication.

I've finally found the guy that posts in all tech forums 'It works great for me!"

I'm curious, how long have you wanted to work for MJ?
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay wrote:

I've finally found the guy that posts in all tech forums 'It works great for me!"

Clay - You *do* realize that your post sounds pretty crazy, right? There's no way this one person wrote 151 posts "in all tech forums" saying "It works great for me!" The *fact* of the matter is that MJ works for a LOT of people - most who try it, actually - but for a certain percentage it doesn't - just like most any other VOIP service. And like ALL VOIP services, MJ seems to have *many* customers who absolutely love it and say so online, and some who hate it and say so online. I myself have probably written *somewhere* that "it works for me" and trust me I am *not* "notdeadyet".
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had decided to leave this where it was, but THANKS SteveHC....it's guys like you, Bitstop Joe, myself and others that try and help out around here.
It can take some work, my in the end MJ usually works for most people.
The fact that we confirm how MJ can work for us is not for Dan's benefit, but for those who would like it to work for them, right???????
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
The fact that we confirm how MJ can work for us is not for Dan's benefit, but for those who would like it to work for them, right???????

- Of course. The day MJ no longer works well for me or otherwise no longer meets my needs will be the day that I no longer subscribe to the service, plain and simple; until then, I'll keep using (and paying for) it. As long as it continues to work well for me, $20/year for VOIP service is pretty hard to beat to say the least.
Clay
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
Clay wrote:

Clay - You *do* realize that your post sounds pretty crazy, right? There's no way this one person wrote 151 posts "in all tech forums" saying "It works great for me!" The *fact* of the matter is that MJ works for a LOT of people - most who try it, actually - but for a certain percentage it doesn't - just like most any other VOIP service. And like ALL VOIP services, MJ seems to have *many* customers who absolutely love it and say so online, and some who hate it and say so online. I myself have probably written *somewhere* that "it works for me" and trust me I am *not* "notdeadyet".

Darn, if only you guys had really contributed to my other thread - where I was asking for help. Nope, you guys just had to waste your efforts jumping in on this useless thread.

Thankyou for this.
has9999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Clay,
Had you done some searching in the fora you just might have found
some things to try with your "Vista" computer.
My MJ's have been working fine for over four years now.
And others that I have set up for friends have been as well.
AND I fax every week too!
With your attitude don't expect a lot of input to help solve your
problems from folks that might expect to get flamed for
simple suggestions.
Might behoove you to do some looking at your device manager
and a little time in regedit.
HAS
Clay
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has9999 wrote:
Well Clay,
Had you done some searching in the fora you just might have found
some things to try with your "Vista" computer.
My MJ's have been working fine for over four years now.
And others that I have set up for friends have been as well.
AND I fax every week too!
With your attitude don't expect a lot of input to help solve your
problems from folks that might expect to get flamed for
simple suggestions.
Might behoove you to do some looking at your device manager
and a little time in regedit.
HAS

And if you had bothered to read to my other thread, you'd realize I don't have a Vista computer, explained what I have tryed, and asked for help other than MJ support. My point and case.

Last edited by Clay on Mon May 06, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
has9999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay,
Obviously you can't even remember what you wrote, see below.

"I have an HP HDX 9000 laptop bought in 2008, not new but not that old either
Running Vista, not the best but it's what I have."

Now do you remember?????

{JEEZ......my bad Clay.
You did write that you are running Win7.
Sorry for that......eggs are on me!}

Last edited by has9999 on Mon May 06, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
has9999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay,
Win 7 has some serious issues with certain driver loads.
Unless they are specifically written to comply with MS's take on
DCMA they just won't load and run.
You may have to load a copy of Win XP under your 7 license.
Downgrading is permissible or try to run it under an Admin
account and XP compatibility checked under runas.

Again my bad.
Clay
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has9999 wrote:
Clay,
Win 7 has some serious issues with certain driver loads.
Unless they are specifically written to comply with MS's take on
DCMA they just won't load and run.
You may have to load a copy of Win XP under your 7 license.
Downgrading is permissible or try to run it under an Admin
account and XP compatibility checked under runas.

Again my bad.

Thankyou. Very Happy
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure about the Windows 7 bit. I use MJ on my little Gateway Windows 7 (Home Premium) netbook with ZERO problems. With Vista there've been all sorts of problems, but I've *never* heard of there being any sort of weird incompatibility between any sort of pc hardware configuration, Windows 7 configuration/installation, and the MJ hardware/firmware.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Clay - If someone posts a problem and gets no response, that's generally because no one has enough info about that specific issue or problem to even know where to begin in *formulating* a response. If anyone actually felt like they really had a *clue* as to what your problem might truly be, trust me they'd have posted on it - even *me* Wink

Having said that, of *course* it sounds like *something* within your pc is preventing the proper loading of MJ's software/firmware - but without highly sophisticated diagnostic software to precisely pinpoint the actual source of the problem, offering anything short of "try to reinstall your OS" or "try installing a different OS version" would be nothing more than whistling in the wind. Who knows, maybe installing XP *would* solve the problem... OR, not having a clue as to which earlier "thread" of yours you refer to, maybe you just received a bad piece of MJ hardware...
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used MJ with Vista for 31/2 years and I never encountered any OS incompatibility related problem. That does not mean that I have not encountered a zillion of OTHER problems.
Twisted Evil
SteveHC

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
I have used MJ with Vista for 31/2 years and I never encountered any OS incompatibility related problem. That does not mean that I have not encountered a zillion of OTHER problems.
Twisted Evil

- LOL! This is why I *hate* pc's "designed" for Windows - Far too many different 3rd-party internal hardware component, firmware and driver suppliers, each of whose products may or may not be fully compatible with those of others or even Microsoft.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is why I *hate* pc's "designed" for Windows

I have no choice. I MUST use windows and at times I have to use explorer as well. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: