magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

quick way to make sure your magicjack works.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ifugao
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: quick way to make sure your magicjack works. Reply with quote

Very Happy Assuning all the mj before they leave the factory are quality-controlled and tested, here's the fastest way to find out that yours work.
Install it and hope that it will work. Wow you got the window of mj in your pc screen. Type a tel# , click send and walla it says to "connect it to the internet and the error 3 appears" and nothing happened. The problem is in your gateway or router modem. Here's what I did. Open up your gateway or modem
and you see your firewall either at High, Medium, Low, Custom and None. Disable it by clicking on None.
Unplug your MJ wait 15 second and plug it back. Your MJ should be working by now with all its splendor. If not then adjust your pc firewall or replace it with something else. I was using Sunbelt Kerio firewall. I supposed I can probably make it work but I was already tired so I donwnloaded Comodo Free Firewal Pro.
I firedup my mj and started calling my friends all over the country.
After I found out that my MJ works fine I went back to my gateway and port trigger 3 ports. Port 1 for UDP 5060, Port 2 for 5070 and Port 3 for TCP 80 443. Put my gateway firewall to Medium, turned it on, hah it didn.t worked. Put the firewall back to None. and left it there. Anyway I have my pc firewal Comodo for protection. End.
sparky1946
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: quick way to make sure your magicjack works Reply with quote

Just reset your modem and router, cures the error #3
ifugao
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea writing the article about turning off the pc and the and the router firewall before plugging in the MagicJack
is to make sure the MJ works ok and not blame that poor little matchbox. As far as resetting my gateway, modem or router
of course I did that after porttriggered the udp 5060-5070, tcp 80 and tcp 443. I also did rebotting. Still that Motorola
sbg 900 gateway of mine will not let MJ pass through. I'll try to contact Motorola again. On my other laptop I have
Yahoo Messenger Voice with Phone In and Phone Out. Easy to install, never fail and very cheap, almost price-comparale to
magicjack. Of course the best thing about YM is I do not have to tinker around with my firewalls.
Jacksondale
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also used Yahoo's Messenger voice - in voice out service and was very pleased with it. I think my biggest reason to try the MJ was being able to use a regular phone instead of an Internet phone. The one I had was really not setup for Yahoo (Skype) but if MJ turns out to be a bust I'll return to Yahoo (2.99 per month for an inbound number, 1000 outgoing minutes for a 10 spot.) And as you said it was very reliable.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacksondale wrote:
I also used Yahoo's Messenger voice - in voice out service and was very pleased with it. I think my biggest reason to try the MJ was being able to use a regular phone instead of an Internet phone.
I have used Yahoo! Voice with an SPA-2102 ATA and it works quite well. See my mini-review at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20183253-Using-Yahoo-Voice-as-a-normal-VoIP-service .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: