magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on these Thin Clients

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjuser001
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Question on these Thin Clients Reply with quote

Hi all,

This is my first posting here and I just ordered magicjack for $46.95. It should arrive in a few days. I'm also curious on buying one of the best thin clients that go well with MJ even after doing frequent software updates from MJ. Having said that, I have narrowed down to the following available items that I googled:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Compaq-t5710-Thin-Client-1-2GHz-512-512-MagicJack_W0QQitemZ330343101648QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCOMP_EN_Workstations?hash=item4ce9fbb4d0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1234%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Is this worth to buy? This also comes with a used majicjack. How good is a used majicjack? I'm thinking of giving this to my parents in India so that they call me. Will they get a number specific to the India area code + number or will they get a US based telephone number and if they get a US number, how will they able to call me from India? Also, with the used MagicJack, how will MJ bill them?

I also found this:

http://houston.craigslist.org/sys/1213230015.html

Is this any good? Does Max Speed work well with MJ? I saw a posting here on this forum that he is having issues with MJ on Max Speed 8300. The thread is here: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/maxterm-8300-mj-drive-not-listed-t6431.html

Please advice.

Thanks.
micheal
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Personal experience: HP thin Client T5720 1gb 512 Ram best Reply with quote

I used to have t5710 it seems the memory not good enough, then I bought one from a friend who configured the T5720, which works wonderful.

never had any problem, the voice quality is extremely good.
mjuser001
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: MJ on these thin clients Reply with quote

Anybody can comment on my questions please...
newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: MJ on these thin clients Reply with quote

The 4gb flash drive would be very nice, much better than the 512mb on the T5710. Seems like a pretty good deal. If the guy is pre-configuring and offering a 60-day money back guarantee seems like a fair offer.

As for the eBay T5710, you can't go wrong, but the lack of memory does hurt when you decide to upgrade. In my opinion, the T5720 would be a better option.

I don't know anything about a used magicJack.
mjuser001
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: How about this? Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300327488732

It seems this item has no OS and also no power supply. Can anybody tell what is the exact power supply that goes with this and also if it comes with no OS, all I have to do is install WinXPe SP2 on this thru USB and good to go?

Thanks.
oldtimercurt
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjuser001

You might want to read through Stroths sticky about modifying Thin Client. I answers your specific questions and then some. For example, just installing XP sp2 won't happen on an unmodified 5710 TC. Lots of great info from one of the wizards on this forum.

OTC
micheal
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: my freind sell HP thin client t5720 fully loaded Reply with quote

with power supply, keyboard, magic jack configured and with a Thin client dock.

Specificaiton is 1gb, 512Ram.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A T5710 with 512/512 does a fine job of running MJ. If it has been pre-configured then most likely they have already taken the steps outlined in the sticky on TC's. If not it is easy enough to load a fresh copy of XPe and modify it yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: