magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

purchasing MajicJack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: purchasing MajicJack Reply with quote

I've been considering MajicJack to replace my home and cell number provider. I have a couple of questions before I order one.

1.) Will I be able to keep my old phone number?
2.) Will there be any minimum charge for the phone company? any US government fees or taxes?
3.) Do the recipient of my phone calls have to have a magicJack. in North America? Internationally?
4.) Right now, I have fax service on the same number using a splitter. Will my fax also work the same way with MagicJack?
5.) Is there any setup fees for MagicJack?
6.) I have 3 home phones (on same line) and 2 cell phones. Will I be able to use 1 MagicJack for all or do I need one MagicJack per phone?

Any help will be appreciated
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: purchasing MajicJack Reply with quote

George wrote:
I've been considering MajicJack to replace my home and cell number provider. I have a couple of questions before I order one.

1.) Will I be able to keep my old phone number?
No -- Number porting is not yet available.

2.) Will there be any minimum charge for the phone company? any US government fees or taxes?
No -- You only pay a $20 per year license fee

3.) Do the recipient of my phone calls have to have a magicJack. in North America? Internationally?
No -- U.S.A/Canada
Yes -- If you want free calls Internationally

4.) Right now, I have fax service on the same number using a splitter. Will my fax also work the same way with MagicJack?
Cant answer that one

5.) Is there any setup fees for MagicJack?
No

6.) I have 3 home phones (on same line) and 2 cell phones. Will I be able to use 1 MagicJack for all or do I need one MagicJack per phone?
Yes -- You may use 1 magicjack for your 3 home phones

7.) Is MagicJack reliable enough to replace my home telephone line
No -- Not at the moment but since you have cell phones, It is a nice replacement

Any help will be appreciated
HendersonMike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4. I have/am successfully using fax with my MJ

strndedinalska

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't thought of back charging my phone jacks. That's an excellent fix for how to use my existing jacks since my primary line is voip also.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strndedinalska wrote:
I hadn't thought of back charging my phone jacks. That's an excellent fix for how to use my existing jacks since my primary line is voip also.

Just play it safe and disconnect the telco line at your service box usually just by unplugging the RJ-11 jumper there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: