magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pricing error on their web page? MJ+ for $19.95 a year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toyfountain
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Pricing error on their web page? MJ+ for $19.95 a year? Reply with quote

Looking at this page I find advertised the MJ+ service for $19.95.
http://www.magicjack.com/plus-v05/
Expand the grey tab titled "Free 30 day trial"
It states

Quote:

What's new with magicJack Plus Tm ?

+No computer required with magicJack Plus

+ Free 30 day trial
After your 30 day trial, you can receive service for just $19.95 a year. That is right-A YEAR. That is less expensive than your taxes on your current phone bill for just one month. You can save over $1,000 a year. This is 30X less expensive than your home phone service now.

+Best call quality
+Ability to take your home phone anywhere
+Free international calls
+Use your existing phone number

Looks to me like they forgot to adjust the old MJ page and used the template for MJ+. Either that or they are forgetting to say you need to renew for five years for $100 to get this price.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a sales tactic. You can have service for MJ+ @ $19.95/year if you buy 5 year plan Smile
alcheringa
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ+= $29.95 per year, by the year only $19.95 per year if you buy 5 extra years

$20 more TO PORT YOUR OLD NUMBER, THEN $29.95 A YEAR, by the year.

International calls are not free. you must have a prepaid balance to make international calls.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alcheringa wrote:
$20 more TO PORT YOUR OLD NUMBER, THEN $29.95 A YEAR, by the year.

I read that initially as $29.95 a year for the porting after the initial port. I see you mean for the phone service on a year to year basis.

Since it hasn't been brought up too recently, I checked with chat again on any annual porting fee. Looks like it's back on, maybe. This is Friday. I think it's not on if you ask on Tuesdays.

Was quoted $9.99 a year as a recurring porting fee. They can't be serious. After I bitched that the only mention on their website FAQ's was a nominal fee, I was told it was an "internal process" separate from the phone service. I said that's nice, but internal process or not, the website only mentions nominal fee and not nominal annual fee, and why is it that they are hiding the actual cost of the initial fee and the annual fee? After confirming that "you are correct the website doesn't mention an annual fee, or the costs, I don't know why", he then "eagerly" (yes, I will) took my 2nd time mentioned suggestion to pass on this total lack of disclosure to someone higher up in the food chain, and we wished each other a happy holiday. I'm staying off their chat for a month, or I will NEVER get my promised email on my tech issue. Crying or Very sad
alcheringa
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not realise that there was a 'annual' re-occurring fee of $9.99. just for porting your own number, that sucks, Gunnar....
Im', certainly going to bitch about that....
Chat assured me that there was a $20 porting fee and that annual was $29.99..
Is the annual regular for an assigned MJ+ $19.99?
Seems sucky if that is so.....

So far I've only been charged for the porting fee $20.35, the annual, of $19.95 was included in the first years fee.
I'll lock in the 5 years for $99.95 if that is so.
Lets see what happens...
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alcheringa wrote:

Is the annual regular for an assigned MJ+ $19.99?

A little confused about what you mean. An annual fee for a non-ported assigned-by-them number? No, but don't go giving them any ideas.

The annual fee for porting has been chatted about numerous times in here. I personally have been told by their customer service at various times over the last 2 months or so, that:

1) there is no annual fee for porting
2) there is an annual fee for porting
3) we have no information at this time on an annual fee for porting

It hasn't been a year since they have offered porting, so no one has any actual experience with it yet. So your guess is as good as mine, and apparently as good as customer service, what the actual policy is. The website still makes no mention of an annual porting fee, if that makes any difference, which it doesn't.

The $10 isn't that big a deal. But if it was me, I wouldn't port just on principle, until they got their shit together and decided what they were going to do and put it in black and white on their website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: