magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Porting a Second Number From Comcast/Xfinity Voice ERROR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogfacemarc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Porting a Second Number From Comcast/Xfinity Voice ERROR Reply with quote

I bought a magicJack and ported my first number from Comcast everything went great. I bought a second magicJack I tried to port my second number from Comcast. I keep getting an email with a subject of "Number Transfer Correction" it says, "Unfortunately, we are unable to port your telephone number because COMCAST has notified us that they already have a port request in process for your number. Please contact COMCAST and request to have any pending orders closed. Once any pending order are closed, please login, and Resubmit." I have called Comcast support several times and was told there are no active port requests and when I resubmit with magicJack I get the same email. I have done this several times. I think my issue is related to the fact that I ported the main number from Comcast first. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution? I have called and chatted with magicJack support a couple of times and have been told only to keep trying.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

dogfacemarc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote

It finally went through. The first number I ported was still in my Comcast online account. Once they changed the billing statement and the first number disappeared from my online account the port went through. I am not sure if this had to do with the fact that I ported the main account number first or not. I would suggest if you are porting two numbers from Comcast to magicJack that you do the first number, wait for a new billing cycle and then do the second number. I am not sure what would happen if you did both as fast as you could. In my case I wanted to see how the first worked so I waited for the first number to finish porting (about a week) so I could see if it actually worked. Then I tried the next day to start the port of the second number. You have to wait for the first number to clear your Comcast account, like I said maybe a billing cycle. Anyway that was my experience. I think the quality of the magicJack service is not as good, but for the price... worth it. If you really need quality service and can afford it, I would stick with Comcast. In my case too many medical bills put us in the poor house. NONE of the politicians give a ... don't let any of them fool you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: