magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What routers work the best with MJ+?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retiredfpl
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Good luck Reply with quote

[quote="Duke_of_Teas"]Cisco\Linksys hands down is the best.

STAY AWAY FROM TRENDnet routers if you ever want to use VOIP!!![/quote]

I have been using a TRENDnet TEW-671BR for a year now with zero problems.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

SandraLynn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Comcast. I pay for the slowest speed, although they supposedly upped the speed to be nice. My MagicJack does not work all that great. My phone gets an occasional high humming noise and it cuts out on some calls. I'm always resetting everything right to the modem. There's a deal going on currently for a Netgear modem and router bundle. The reviews are saying that their internet speed has drastically increased in their home. These are people with many wifi connected devices. I was wondering if updating my older Motorola modem and Netgear router would help with the quality of my phone. It seems like it might be the thing that would fix it versus paying for higher internet speed every month. I currently have about 7 or 8 wifi devices connected. Thanks for any input.
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ does not take much bandwidth to work well. Multiple devices connected and a slow internet speed is not a good combination. Try disconnecting some devices and see if the MJ works better. Or take the deal being offered. BTW - I used to have 1.5 mbps service and MJ worked fine, but I did not have much else connected either.
SandraLynn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill. I just looked at the $89.99 deal for both a Netgear modem and router combo and it's now over. That's my luck. I'll go that route if it comes up again. I could try unplugging a couple of things to see if the connection is better. I think my recent problem was because my printer was on, and it's plugged directly into my router. That might have caused the cutting in and out. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: