magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
No phone line- until incoming call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crapchick
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: No phone line- until incoming call Reply with quote

Magicjack plus works fine until I have to restart computer. I then get the phone message "no line" and no dial tone. Once I have an incoming call however, everything goes back to normal and I can make outgoing calls again. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: No phone line- until incoming call Reply with quote

Crapchick wrote:
Magicjack plus works fine until I have to restart computer. I then get the phone message "no line" and no dial tone. Once I have an incoming call however, everything goes back to normal and I can make outgoing calls again. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Un-instaa/re-install MJ drivers
Complete virus scan

CrackerJack

MagicJack Customer #73
MagicJack user since May 2007
MagicJack abuser since June 2007
"I gots mo' numbers than a Lotto machine!!!"
apetryk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: No phone line- until incoming call Reply with quote

In case someone else runs into this. I had this problem as well. I discovered that if magicfeatures was set to run before magicjack had a chance to start up that I would not get dial tone until i received an incoming call.

To fix the problem I changed magicfeatures to startup with a delayed start in task scheduler (3 minutes did the trick for me) and the problem went away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: