magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Number is unavailable in recent calls but shows in call log

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mjguy456
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Number is unavailable in recent calls but shows in call log Reply with quote

I have been getting dozens of harassing calls at all times of day and night most are hang ups but sometimes the caller plays with the buttons so I hear beep - beep - beep beep beep for 10 or 20 seconds

I have beeped backed and the caller continues with his beeping

The calls show up as "Unavailable" on my phone incoming caller ID AND on the Magic Jack recent calls list on my softpad - I repeat the calling party shows up as "unavailable" on my caller ID AND MJ softpad Recent calls list

In trying to see who might be calling I went mymagicjack. com then to my account and selected "account" I saw a sub option "contacts and call logs" so I tapped on that.

A screen comes up with the choice to "see call logs" so I clicked on that and after a few seconds a list came up with the ACTUAL phone number listed for ALL the exact times I get the calls which show as "unavailable" on my phone and soft pad.
My first question is - why does the actual number show up in the calls logs and not on my caller ID and soft pad "recent calls"
If it were a spoofed/masked call I think the number would show on phone Caller ID and the recent calls.

The call logs option is separate from the soft pads "recent calls" list.

I was in chat for an hour today and the rep could not answer that question -

To review - I get many calls from a number that shows as unavailable on my phone - and on the MJ soft pad recent calls list - BUT when I found the actual call logs list in on mymagicjack the ACTUAL number was displayed for ALL of the many many calls I received there are no "unavailable" calls listed on the call log they are ALL 10 digit numbers

I have called the number hoping the person would answer But he never does - I have googled the number and searched people find sites too with no luck as to who owns that number.

How assured can I be that the number I see is the actual calling number I am going to contact police and don't want to look silly

I also get calls from the "Joke Call sites" BUT the "masked" numbers this miscreant uses show in Caller Id - Recent calls and in the Call Log -- It is sometimes a police station, or other family member.

Stymied and sleepless In ohio

Last edited by Mjguy456 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number displayed is likely spoofed. Instead of answering the call, let it go to voicemail. Try what I posted previously:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/blocking-calls-t13654.html
Mjguy456
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Bill Smith Reply with quote

Bill

If it was a spoofed number how can you spoof a *67

The calls come up as Unavailable on my phone and MJapp soft pad "recent" calls

But on my MJ "call logs" which is separate from the "Recent calls" list - the actual number is shown

wouldn't a Spoofing / masked call show the spoofed/masked number in my caller ID and on the soft pad. That is the reason for spoofing isn't it ? - to show a false number

And I have the MJ GO - not the Plus

MJGUY
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Perhaps someone with more knowledge about this subject will have an answer.
Mjguy456
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Number is unavailable in recent calls but shows in call log Reply with quote

I thought I might find someone here ... The MJ chat reps are 90% mooks
I tweeted MJ - No reply - very poor CS

I have had friends dial my number with * 67 and it shows "unavailable" on caller ID and soft pad recent calls AND their actual number shows up on the call logs so MJ must use some software that overrides *67 - probably keeping it quiet - but to me that would be a selling point
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: