magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My phones time are all off by one hour (behind)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorlow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: My phones time are all off by one hour (behind) Reply with quote

Hi, I have my magic jack plus back feed into my phone system and I have one corded phone directly plugged into one phone jack. Then I have a cordless multi phone system with two cordless phones. All display the time. All of the phones are off by an hour. On my corded phone, I tried manually setting the time and it sticks for a few minutes and then goes back an hour again.

I been researching trying to figure out where the time is coming from. I chatted with magic jack and they said it's not coming from the magic jack but from my internet or router. Now I screwed up my router, so I'm on my second one. But a week or so ago, when I was on my old router, I looked all over in the settings and there was nothing that refered to time. I called Charter and asked them if the modem had the time in it somewhere and they said no.

I'm a computer tech. I clicked on every link in that router and there was nothing to do with time. So, I went a little too far and i downloaded wrt firmware that would put some after market firmware on the router but it screwed up my router and bricked it. After I tried applying the firmware the router now just continuously reboots.

Knowing I screwed up and it's my fault, I just bought a new modem and router. I know I didn't have to buy a new modem. But I hated the wire mess on my desk having two devices, so I bought a cable modem/router combo. With the new modem/router combo, my phones are still off by an hour. I looked through the settings of the cable modem/router device and again, nothing to do with time in it. I paid $150 for this modem/router combo, so I'm not screwing with it putting after market firmware on it.

Anyone know why my phones are all off by an hour?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a problem with the magicJack since its inception.
It's a time zone glitch. Apparently, all magicJacks are permanently set to the time zone of Ymax in Florida: Eastern time.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/saskatchewan-time-zone-on-voice-mail-t667.html

Any support rep who tells you otherwise is feeding you a line.
dorlow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have them pay me back for my fried router or new router.... lol
dorlow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what doesn't make sense though with what you say is I am in Eastern time also, so it should be set correctly for me...
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dorlow wrote:
what doesn't make sense though with what you say is I am in Eastern time also, so it should be set correctly for me...
Well, you've got me there. Here's another thread about the same, or perhaps only a similar problem.

On the off chance that it is your router...
Have you tried setting the time zone on your new modem/router?
For instance, on my ASUS RT-N16 using Tomato USB (Toastman Build), I can set it to Eastern Time, select the preferred NTP Time Server pool and whether or not Day Light Savings Time is used in my area.
dorlow
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've checked all over in the old router and the new router's settings... no option to set the time.
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Cisco router, low cost one, and it has a time setting.
Magic jack assures me that the time shown on voice mails comes from the router. I tried changing the time zone and it made no difference to magic jack.

Your router may or may not have a time setting but I don't think it would help you./
Freddy 44
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Cisco which I used in the PT zone for years using cordless Panasonic phones on a VOIP system supplied by my local cable company.
I also uses another brand before this one.
Neither router gave me any time problems.
Now I am using the CISCO with MJ it continually dumps thetime forward.
However it does not move it 3 hr offset which is what it should be if all MJs are set to eastern time. It is moving it forward 2 hr or to CT.
Given the router was fine on anothe VOIP system I have doubts it is the router.
Mjguy456
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: You may need to reset your phone for DST and EST in fall Reply with quote

Try setting your phone clock to auto reset for DST - you'd think it would change automatically but some don't . Therefore your phone will only show the correct time for half the year..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: