magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need help with RECEIVING Faxes - sending is just fine!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victorgbishop
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Need help with RECEIVING Faxes - sending is just fine! Reply with quote

hi all,
New to this wonderful forum here on MJ. I have a MJ Plus and love it. I just got an HP 6700 all in one printer/fax/scanner etc. however, my problem is only receiving faxes. I can fax out just fine. I hooked up the special fax cord to MJ and put my home phone in the line 2 in the back of the fax. I can still pick up calls and after my desired ring amount the phone goes to the MJ voice mail which is great. on the fax, I can fax to a fax machine (confirmed)
BUT how can I adjust the fax (or MJ settings) so that I can RECEIVE faxes???? I tried to slow down the baud rate to 9600 but that does not help does anyone have success with receiving?? I am starting a business and this could mean an additional SERIOUS source of income to me, so any and ALL suggestions welcomed!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BTW - I did read through the FAQ section and did NOT find anything on receiving faxes just a message about slowing down BAUD speed. [/b]
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

tommc4
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the setting on your machine if there is a setting for VOIP, try that. Also, make sure error correction is turned OFF. I have a MJ+ 2013 model (with the funny ports on the side) and I use a Brother 7740. Works perfectly. Also works great with my internal FAX modem, using SNAPPY FAX.
ahwolfe
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using an old SupraMAX v.92 Faxmodem so I don't know if my settings will translate to your HP but here they are anyway in case they might help:

Port Speed: 4800
Data Protocol: Standard EC
Compression: Enabled
Flow Control: Hardware
Data Bits 8
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: