magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can I "downgrade" MJ+ software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethan_hines
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Can I "downgrade" MJ+ software Reply with quote

I am really not liking the new software from Magic Jack which I believe came from netTALK. In any case I would like to know if anyone has the old software and I will just block MJ+ via my firewall from downloading the upgrade.
Thanks.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

MichaelJY
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: "Downgrading" MJ+ Software Reply with quote

I think I have a file that will do what you want, it's a copy of magicjacksetup.exe that I downloaded on August 8, 2013.

I was just in a chat room with MJ Support, and he wanted me to redownload and run the MJ Update file, even though I have been running the new "blue" version for some time.

I did as he wanted, but I now see that when I went to my downloads folder, I mistakenly clicked on the old file instead of the one I had just downloaded. I reverted my MJ display back to the old-style soft phone pad.

That it did that completely blew their minds, LOLOLOL! We couldn't figure out how it happened, he immediately "escalated" me... so maybe this file will do what you want to do. Let me know where to send it.
ethan_hines
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for the Reply. However when I download the file you linked to, it shows the new Blue Icon with a semi-circle so I don't think I should install it unless I am absolutely sure my MJ+ will not get upgraded (I have two, one I upgraded and have had problems ever since. Problems like dial tones not working correctly to enter automatic services to the phone that is plugged into the MJ+ to not even ring!) the other one I have not plugged in lately for fear it will get upgraded and I would be grateful if anyone knows how to prevent the automatic upgrade in the first place I have tried to block the MJ+ program from accessing the internet with firewalls but that did not work.
ethan_hines
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: "Downgrading" MJ+ Software Reply with quote

MichaelJY wrote:
I think I have a file that will do what you want, it's a copy of magicjacksetup.exe that I downloaded on August 8, 2013.Let me know where to send it.

If you would like you can send it to ethan_hines@hotmail.com thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: