magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ Stand Alone WIFI Phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedom1911
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: MJ Stand Alone WIFI Phone Reply with quote

What I am talking about is something like the Standalone WIFI Skype phones.
See links below.
http://www.amazon.com/IPEVO-S0-20-WiFi-Phone-Skype/dp/B002V45UEE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294695340&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Wi-Fi-Boingo-Manager-F1PP000GN-SK/dp/B000GTSEHQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1294695340&sr=8-12

These are skype versions of what I am talking about. The skype phones here have had less than desirable reviews.
I was wondering if MJ had any plans on putting something like this out but doing it right, where the manufacturers of these phones did not.

Please note I am not selling these, so please don't block me or anything. I only included the links to Amazon because that is where I found these phones and the web pages have more info and reviews on the products.
Those reviews are where I found out the phones are not the greatest.
Other reviews I read said either the charger on the phones were crappy or the batteries were bad because people had problems with the phones lasting more than 10+ min, talk time.

I figure MJ could do something like this and do it right. Has anyone heard anything about MJ attempting this in the future?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Freedom1911
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask about this because MJ could expand their market greatly with something like this. There are free WIFI hot spots all over the country these days. And many people still use Cell plans that count against their monthly min. People could buy a MJ Phone like this. And make phone calls while they are out, all over the country at these WIFI hot spots for only 20 a year and save huge bucks on their cell bill.
Also keeping their monthly cell min available for emergencies when they are not near a WIFI HS.

True they are not cell phones, but if MJ did these up right, they could be almost as good, and they would be very popular in low income areas.
Think of it. for people who cant afford a normal phone annually or a monthly cell bill. They could buy one of these and pay 20 for the year. Swing by McDonalds for a cheap cup of coffee or a soda and make all the calls they need.

I have MJ as my house phone and a cell, but I would buy one of these if MJ put them out and I would buy them as gifts for people I know, so long as they were not too expensive.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. The only downside is if the free wifi sites block the ports that sip enabled devices use. If this happens then your SOL as there is no way to configure a way around this with a device that does not allow you to try different configuration options.
Freedom1911
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well dag nubbut I thought I had something.
It would still make a great phone away from home if you were going to family or friends, and you could set it up where you could find.

I just think it would work. People are making them for skype and they are selling. The two phones listed were to only two wifi I could find when I first started looking for wifi phones (skype phones were the first I heard about) and there were a couple skype corded. Today when I went to get those pictures there were at least two more wifi skype phones for sale making at least 4 wifi and two or better corded skype phones.
Some one is buying them. I can't help but believe that MJ could still do it better and they would sell like hot cakes.
neo2121
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://magicjackhacks.net/component/content/article/3-newsflash/45-wifi-phone-hack

its not working with Magicjack anymore but works just fine with other SIP.
Freedom1911
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I saw this in my searches, but I think I would probably screw this up.
I know a little about PCs, but working with routers, IP addresses etc is just right over my head.

I will just cross my fingers and hope that MJ catches on to this section of the market. I think once the phones hit the market they would begin to out sell all the other MJ products since everything is self contained. You would just have to enter your wireless router info into the phone and you would be up and running.
No PC to worry about, to plugging it to an outlet or router for the MJ Plus, etc.
Time will tell.
I'll post some of the other skype phones to show how many are being sold, whats available etc and maybe if there are any MJ reps in the forum they will see it.

All from Amazon.
Another skype wifi phone

Heck here is the url for the voip phones, it includes skype, MSN, Yahoo,

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_16?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=skype+phone+wifi&sprefix=skype+phone+wifi
jackdvorak07
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its now the generation of smartphone's this phone look only for calling service so only few people will use this phone or they can travel with 2 phone one with this phone and another one is smartphone....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: