magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
911 Reinstated without paying additional fees...

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 268

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: 911 Reinstated without paying additional fees... Reply with quote

I checked my.magicJack.com and with the phone when connected via USB. I now see 911 has been reinstated even though I have not been asked to pay any additional cost.

Has anyone else seen this?

_________________
MJCheck - http://mjcheck.low.li
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Google
AdSense





PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Back to top
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you didn't receive it, but MJ sent out an email saying that they decided to continue offering their 911 service to everyone regardless of whether or not they pay for it. The way the email was worded it sounded like MJ decided that if a customer decided to pay the fee (voluntarily) then MJ would pass it on to the relevant local authority, but a customer's failure to do so would not result in MJ ceasing its 911 service to that customer. An interesting turn of events for sure.
_________________
Using a "standard" magicJack, an "original" magicJack Plus, and the magicJack iOS app on an iPod Touch and iPhone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 268

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
Maybe you didn't receive it, but MJ sent out an email saying that they decided to continue offering their 911 service to everyone regardless of whether or not they pay for it. The way the email was worded it sounded like MJ decided that if a customer decided to pay the fee (voluntarily) then MJ would pass it on to the relevant local authority, but a customer's failure to do so would not result in MJ ceasing its 911 service to that customer. An interesting turn of events for sure.

I received two emails. The second was frankly more cryptic than the first. I no longer even see an option to pay or enable/disable for 911 any longer. The columns for that information just say the device is enrolled and valid. Was there a third email?
_________________
MJCheck - http://mjcheck.low.li
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenman wrote:
SteveHC wrote:
Maybe you didn't receive it, but MJ sent out an email saying that they decided to continue offering their 911 service to everyone regardless of whether or not they pay for it. The way the email was worded it sounded like MJ decided that if a customer decided to pay the fee (voluntarily) then MJ would pass it on to the relevant local authority, but a customer's failure to do so would not result in MJ ceasing its 911 service to that customer. An interesting turn of events for sure.

I received two emails. The second was frankly more cryptic than the first. I no longer even see an option to pay or enable/disable for 911 any longer. The columns for that information just say the device is enrolled and valid. Was there a third email?


- Nope. Wink
_________________
Using a "standard" magicJack, an "original" magicJack Plus, and the magicJack iOS app on an iPod Touch and iPhone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IamBored
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 10 May 2013
Posts: 169

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: 911 Reinstated without paying additional fees... Reply with quote

greenman wrote:
I checked my.magicJack.com and with the phone when connected via USB. I now see 911 has been reinstated even though I have not been asked to pay any additional cost.

Has anyone else seen this?


Nope, I see this:
[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 268

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the third email.

Quote:
- Original Message -
From: no_reply@magicjack.com
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:47 AM
To: me
Subject: Bill for Government-Imposed Charges for 911 Services


This is a bill.

Certain emergency communications districts have required that we attempt to bill you via email the charges they impose for your being able to dial 911 services. If you wish to continue to be able to dial 911, it is important that you pay this charge. If you have access to 911 services but do not pay this government-imposed charge, the emergency communications district in your jurisdiction may seek to collect any amounts from you directly.

MagicJack does not profit at all for this service and the funds we collect are turned over to the government authority pursuant to their requirements.

Please click here [address munged] to find out the specific charges in your area and you will be directed on how to pay

_________________
MJCheck - http://mjcheck.low.li
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just received it too. Guess they're trying again, who the heck knows...
_________________
Using a "standard" magicJack, an "original" magicJack Plus, and the magicJack iOS app on an iPod Touch and iPhone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just received it too. Guess they're trying again, who the heck knows...
_________________
Using a "standard" magicJack, an "original" magicJack Plus, and the magicJack iOS app on an iPod Touch and iPhone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Henderson
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can see happening is when your phone comes up for renewal, MagicJack will bill you whatever amount you didn't pay for this current year, plus the coming year's fee for 911 service along with your renewal. And if you don't pay those charges with your annual renewal, you'll lose the service and your phone number.

I hope I'm wrong, but the wording of the 3rd email makes it seem like we have no choice. We have 2 cell phones with 911, the MJ line would be the last thing we'd ever use for 911 service. I don't need it and I won't pay extra for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henderson wrote:
What I can see happening is when your phone comes up for renewal, MagicJack will bill you whatever amount you didn't pay for this current year, plus the coming year's fee for 911 service along with your renewal. And if you don't pay those charges with your annual renewal, you'll lose the service and your phone number.

I hope I'm wrong, but the wording of the 3rd email makes it seem like we have no choice. We have 2 cell phones with 911, the MJ line would be the last thing we'd ever use for 911 service. I don't need it and I won't pay extra for it.


- I didn't interpret the email message that way at all; in fact the email message clearly states the exact OPPOSITE. As far as I can tell MJ plans on keeping ALL of its customers AS customers whether or not they willingly pay e911 fees.
_________________
Using a "standard" magicJack, an "original" magicJack Plus, and the magicJack iOS app on an iPod Touch and iPhone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 03 Jun 2012
Posts: 195
Location: West Coast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
Henderson wrote:
What I can see happening is when your phone comes up for renewal, MagicJack will bill you whatever amount you didn't pay for this current year, plus the coming year's fee for 911 service along with your renewal. And if you don't pay those charges with your annual renewal, you'll lose the service and your phone number.

I hope I'm wrong, but the wording of the 3rd email makes it seem like we have no choice. We have 2 cell phones with 911, the MJ line would be the last thing we'd ever use for 911 service. I don't need it and I won't pay extra for it.


- I didn't interpret the email message that way at all; in fact the email message clearly states the exact OPPOSITE. As far as I can tell MJ plans on keeping ALL of its customers AS customers whether or not they willingly pay e911 fees.


Yes, this is e911 fees, and NOT 911 fees....................and there is a difference!

Not same service!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB Turbo Extended Edition © 2013, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.