magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
if you use fiddler2 to look for your sip login credentials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicHack
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlecard wrote:
Rookie question, what does knowing your SIP information enable you to do?

The SIP info contains everything you need to be able to configure a different softphone and/or use an old ATA. For example, if you had sunrocket, you can unlock your sunrocket gizmo, and reprogram the gizmo to work with the magicJack SIP info.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

MagicHack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smcinaz wrote:
MagicHack wrote:
seattlecard wrote:
Rookie question, what does knowing your SIP information enable you to do?

The SIP info contains everything you need to be able to configure a different softphone and/or use an old ATA. For example, if you had sunrocket, you can unlock your sunrocket gizmo, and reprogram the gizmo to work with the magicJack SIP info.

But, oh my, MagicHack, wouldn't that be violating the MagicJack TOS and be considered theft of service?

Haha. Like you care about the TOS, smc.

Yes, technically using a different device to access the magicJack service would violate the magicJack TOS. However, I don't think using a service that you paid for to be "theft of service." If you decided to register random magicJack serial numbers, and provision them, that would be theft of service.

I did not tell them to do it, I simply said this would be possible.

All of my posts are for informational, and educational use only.
ramuk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

I am stuck ....I dont know what to do. I downloaded fiddler and then went to options to check `decrypt https. Clicked session inspector. I see Proxy Connection: Keep-Alive,................I see something called E-tag...I dont know which info do I need to enter in the PAP2 settings as I unlocked it.

I am a noob - yes. I could get the Host: 67.106.133.212 info as per fiddler and I dont see the Exxxyyzzzz01 thing in the fiddler nor do I see anything which tells me that this is proxy....Any guidance is very much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by ramuk on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poo619
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reread the posts on the first page there is a little more info as you get deeper in the posts. its easy once you click around Smile
gomike78
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris wrote:
It was so easy I feel stupid now! just remember you have to set the web browser to use fiddler as a proxy, it is basically like a "man in the middle" attack. Make sure fiddler is set to "decrypt HTTPS traffic" and click on the https header, check the "session inspector". ?

I am not sure what I am doing wrong as I have enabled the "decrypt HTTPS traffic"

It seems like I have checked everywhere and I can not find where the username and password are.

If someone can offer some advice it would be appreciated.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its in there. You just have to click the right tab. I'm not sure exactly which but check out the thread re: setting up a different softphone. Much easier way to get sip info.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/walk-through-to-configure-a-different-softphone-t96.html

update: i believe this no longer works -

Last edited by jeffnyc on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
chris
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this on an ATA? If it works.......... I wonder how long you could away with running it on a little Grandstream handytone?
Wonder if they could find out and shut you off??

Hey laserjobs - I am an organizer in a Ron Paul 2008 Meetup group! I seen some of your posts and know that you are a RP supporter too. way to go, all the tech I know as well as haxxxors support RP.

Keep the internet FREE from Government and Corporate control vote Ron Paul for President in 2008 !
drjekyl
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Help With Old SR AC-211-SR Reply with quote

I have read this thread and have gotten the needed credentials via Fiddler2. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out what to put where on my left over AC-211-SR from Sun Rocket in order to make it work.

The fields that need to be filled in for the SIP area of the AC-211 (the ones I can't figure out) are:

SIP Server Settings

IP Address:

Port:

Domain Name:

Then

User/Phone Number:

CallerID Name:

Port:

Authentication User Name:

Password:

Now, I know the User/Phone Number is E then area code and phone number +01 and caller ID name doesn't matter (?) and the Port is 5070...but the rest is kinda fuzzy and I have tried different things but none have worked.

Can someone who has actually or is actually using an AC-211 please post exactly what you put in these various fields in order to make it work? I would really appreciate it.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IP Address: proxy1.newark.talk4free.com:5070
Port: 5060
drjekyl
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs wrote:
IP Address: proxy1.newark.talk4free.com:5070
Port: 5060

No go.
drjekyl
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to go, finally.

I just used the server name X 2 instead of the IP's and it resolved correctly.

It was having a problem because the IP for the servername was not resolving to the same as the one that Fiddler2 found.

I think the MJ people might be trying to crossup the people who are using ATA'sto bypass the MJ device.
blackcat
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiddler is showing my password as 12 digits instead of 4, anyone else have this happen? I'm trying to set up on an AC-211 but not having any luck.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes they changed the password length.... i had no prob though on my pap2t
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i posted something similar in the Walk-through to configure a different softphone...

i managed to get it working with fiddler... but the data i need isn't there... or maybe it is but it's encrypted. Is there something else I can use to get my sip info?

need help. muchas gracias.
anant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:

Please read the first post by Gregg under Walk Thru to configure a different softphone ( page 1) and follow the steps to obtain the serial # of ur MJ. Plug that information in the following Link U can find the following link in the page 2 by stewart/MagicHack.

http://prov1.talk4free.com/softphone/provision/?version=99999999999999&serial=A921xxxxxxxxxx .

Once u plug in the serial # information u will get all the necessary SIP credentials. It is piece of cake.I was not successful with Fiddler 2. I got confirmation of the userproxyname using Cain.

Please try the above.

anant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: