magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ APP Price Changes Coming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: MJ APP Price Changes Coming Reply with quote

MJ states that its pricing structure regarding its apps (iOS and Android) will soon be changing.

To me, it sounds like they'll be ELIMINATING the free app-based telephone service and/or may start charging an additional fee for app usage on pre-existing paid phone numbers, but the company at this moment is unclear on the exact specifics.

Consequently, MY advice to all who do not want "surprises" re: credit card charges remains as it always was - namely, DELETE any and all credit card accounts from your MJ account a day or two after you've completed all desired transactions, TURN OFF automatic renewals, and periodically review ALL items and settings in your account to keep abreast of changes and to make sure that all settings are as you wish/need them to be.

IF you're using the app(s) and wish to "lock-in" your current rate for its usage for as long as possible, you might want to extend your app's term NOW for as long as you wish and for as long as the website will allow you to.

ON A SOMEWHAT RELATED NOTE, the company has reported *significant* revenue from "pre-paid minutes" (for international calls and calls to domestic exchanges not currently included in the "no-additional-charge" long distance service), so I have my doubts that they will move any exhanges that currently require additional per-minute charge into the no-additional-charge group. NO mention yet regarding updated plans re: call forwarding...
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: