magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Has a live chat agent rudely ended your chat session?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windmaker
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Has a live chat agent rudely ended your chat session? Reply with quote

I have had chat agents become rude, abrupt and otherwise ill-mannered when confronted with questions they don't want to answere and then pretend they are asking permission to terminate the session but immediately close the session anyhow without my having an opportunity to respond. The customer survey does not appear after the closing of the chat session either. Does this experience with Live Chat agents sound familiar to you?

Briefly summarize any similar episode(s) you have experienced so fellow customers can see how common this behavior is among chat agents, and I mean so-called top 10% agents as well. It is my impression that if agents conduct themselves in this manner then it is probably the case that they do not fear sanctions from their supervisors, which, in other words, means there seems to be reason to believe customer service management is seriously deficient in selecting, training and/or supervising the behavior of their agents.

Other important information you can provide is whether you have ever been able to contact anyone in management to file a complaint...other than another top 10% agent... and if you achieved any satisfactory responses.

I have had primary agents tell me that top 10% are the supervisors, and many 10% agents have identified themselves as such, but I cannot get a direct and forthright answer from a 10% agent as to whether they have supervisors, although one did finally provide an email address today that supposedly would allow me to file a complaint with management. It was as follows:

CustomerServiceMgr@magicJack.com Arrow

I will eventually post whatever reply or non-reply I get from sending a complaint report to this email address.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a problem with a rude agent, rather with incompetent agents.
The best way to avoid problems is not to talk to them about complex issues.
You need to reset your voice mail ? They can do that. Just do not ask them to help you with anything beyond that and you will be fine.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Has a live chat agent rudely ended your chat session? Reply with quote

Windmaker wrote:
I will eventually post whatever reply or non-reply I get from sending a complaint report to this email address.

I certainly don't want to discourage consumer activism. But my opinion is that you are wasting your time and mental energy on something that they have proven to ultimately not care about.

During my 2 years as a MJ user, forums and consumer complaint boards have been FULL of MJ customer service hate postings. So if there is one thing that management has to already be aware of is the HORRIBLE reputation that their customer service has. The decision was made a long time ago, either because they don't give a crap, or because they thought it was the best way to deal with millions of customers, that scripted on-line customer service chat was the best way to go for them.

Another un-asked for opinion is that they also came to the business decision that a certain % of customer turn-over was inevitable and acceptable with that customer service set-up.

It may make you feel better to carry out this exercise. But not to be negative, for heavens sake don't expect anything positive to come out of it.
Tanker_Hank
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup had one drop me like that a couple days ago - Felix.
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there customer tech chat suck's for complex stuff as there scripted and just click and paste i don't even use there tech chat no more as it just to much trouble and a waste of time and they cant help unless u need something reset even that can be a pane that why i come here were i can get useful info

by the way they end a chat when they cant help u it rude and they just don't care so to get 30.00 a year phone service we just have to put up with it or move on if ya cant
have a happy new year every one
dfrankelmsc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Rude Customer Support Reply with quote

I had a live foreign customer support hang up on me when I said "You are not listening to me" and they just continued repeating themselves. I then had a "top 10% customer support" idiot disconnect me when he could not help me. This is a tactic to not receive a negative review of their work. MJ support is TERRIBLE!
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Change To Nettalk - They have a more stable service Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd switch to a different provider given the recent issues that MJ is experiencing. They have been sued for Patent Infringements by Nettalk; the Court Docs were files on 9/21/2012 and now they are charging 19.95 a year for 500 monthly call forwarding minutes. They are no longer the Great Value which sucks, especially since I have 3 MJ's to replace now. You can attempt to get any answers from their live help, but I wouldn't bother as I have asked them many times about these issues and all I get is incorrect or B.S. answers from them.

Go to http://www.nettalk.com and check out their products; They offer a USB Model and an All in one that will work when connected to either a Network Jack or your Wi-Fi Connection. They will also port your current MJ number and they offer free call forwarding as well. MJ now charges for call forwarding and current users will lose this feature as well so there is no grandfathering for us.
cdisxm
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Rude operator Reply with quote

Well my MJ+ was about a 2 weeks away from expiry so I went on the console to renew.

It would not complete successfully. No message, just looked like the transaction was done, so I checked the account and no change. I went on a chat got this person who informed me unfortunately my account is being reviewed and I just have to wait until they email me within 48-72 hours. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after a long time they came back tio say three are no supervisors available at this time. So I thank him and left the chat couteously.

A week closer to expiring and no email from Magicjack and this time I got a rude operator called Reuben who put me through the same deal, review, representative who has my file will contact me. When I did not accept this. He pressed the dump button with a curt "We have provided all the necessary information at this time.... Chat has now terminated. bla blah blah.

Finally, the day before expiring, they still would not even escalate my case. I told the operator to tell his boss "we just lost another one" - he was more tolerant of my now indiscriminate abuse telling me how he understand the frustration but there is nothing to do but wait for the representative who has my file for review. A total waste of about 3 hours trying to give these jerks my money.

I am not a first time customer, but have 3 services with them. I checked and the call volume is so low it not even worth having the service.

I agree with other members. MJ just don't care. They have no number to call, so now the account has expired and I put my MJ+ in the garbage.

Anyway, they don't get mad. They just dump you.

I also hope Nettalk wins the court case against Ymax for stealing their technoolgy. I only hope Nettalk don't get this "review bug".

As a side note I got rid of Paypal for the same reason, singling me out each year for review just because I spend more than $5000 a year through them. Once they got big with almost no competition they started culling their account. I suspect MJ is doing the same with a deep cutting knife. This policy will cost them multimillions of dollars, because MJ's are sold to anyone. Hopefully they now go broke.

Anyway, goodbye MJ forever. I will let the forum know how Nettalk DuoWifis perform.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please consider selling that MJ+ dongle on Ebay that you just put in the garbage can so somebody else can reuse it for Google Voice. It is definitely still worth a few bucks.
LeavingMagicJack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Five Bad Experiences With Customer Care Today - I'm Done Reply with quote

Simple task: try to activate a new MagicJack Plus as an additional device on my account within the 212 area code that they showed as available when I ordered the device and still show as available now. I already knew that 212 was not coming up in the pull down menu for New York.

Email from order referred me to online technical support. Okay, not great, but okay.

First attempt at live online technical support. Technician walked me through stating I had to pick another area code first and then we could change it. He did not like it when I objected to paying $10 to change the number and tried to blame me for following his directions. He then disconnected the chat because he didn't want to deal with it anymore.

Second attempt at live online technical support took a little bit to get a supervisor. She then took a long time to review the case and said it was my fault for not selecting 212 in the sign up process (even though it was not available and she heard this from me). She insisted it was my fault, despite quotes from the first chat, and so I would have to pay. As she hung up on me without addressing my concerns, I learned that 212 was not an option in the change my phone number part either.

First attempt at calling customer service. It was clear that she did not want to handle the situation and wanted to have me go back to online technical support. When I asked about how to return the devices for a full refund, she hung up on me.

Second attempt at calling customer service. Spoke to the floor supervisor. Got an RMA number to return the jacks. When I asked about their policy of advertising area codes that could not be signed up for, she stated this was a technical support question and she would not answer it as it was merely an inconvenience and not a billing issue. When I pointed out it was not just an inconvenience but an expense as I had to pay to ship the devices back to them, she yelled at me that i better pay to ship them back if I want a refund and hung up the phone.

Third attempt at online technical support. Agent admitted that 212 was not yet available but anticipated. She stated that "higher departments" are closely monitoring my conversation. She refused to answer about deceptive practice nor why they do not value customers. She gave long delays between each answer but when asked point blank about these, stated, "I believe I have provided all the necessary information that you need. I will end this chat now."
Kiasmama
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta tell ya I've had great experiences with MJ tech support (live chat) I've been on about five times in the last two weeks for different stuff that kept cropping up and they fixed me up. I was escalated to a "top" tech and she helped me thru a bunch of stuff. There was one that was a little clueless, but the rest were very helpful. Sorry you had a bad experience.
BileeBoy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.... very rude. But I had it coming :D Jewel couldn't help me so she patched me through to Abby, one of their TOP 10% cutomer service reps. Abby didn't bother reading the chat Jewel and I had so I had to go through it all over again. She wrote..

Abby: May I know the exact nature of your problem with full details please?

Bill: did you read the previous chat?

It went downhill from there. After an hour she told me what I knew before I logged on to chat,... I need a new MJ unit. Because I've had it for a 13 months she wanted $54. It went something like this......

Abby: Upon checking here, you don't have the insurance plan. Your total cost will be $53.85

Abby: Will you continue?

Bill: really....

Abby: Yes.

Bill: so you sell me junk that stops working after a year and you want more money......

Abby: I believe I have provided all the necessary information that you need. I will end this chat now. If you have any other concern, please don't hesitate to chat us back. Thank you.

She never did tell me where to pay the $54 :wink: I wonder if they'll refund the 11 months I still have coming. :wink:

I also had the same problem as a poster above did paying online to renew my MJ a few months ago. They shut me down, expired and couldn't pay. I gave up for a couple months. What a nightmare. I had to work hard to give them my money.

In the end it's a $2 part. They shoulda just let me pay the postage, sent me a new dongle and kept a customer. But what do I know, I've only been in customer service for 30 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: