magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magic Jack Now Charges By The Minute For Call Forwarding
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkbob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest BS from Magic Jack.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Natasha'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554084365728X

Natasha: Hello, how may I help you?

Bob: Hi there. How do I log into my MagicJack account and set up callforwarding, pay bills, etc.

Natasha: Thanks for addressing your concerns.

Natasha: Please wait while I check that for you

Natasha: As of now, we cannot do the process of the call forwarding and other features to your magicjack. But rest assure that we can process it in a couple of minutes or hours.

Natasha: We are doing some upgrades, our engineers are working to get them completed as fast as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Bob: Ok. So the web address is the same? My.magicjack.com?

Natasha: Yes, that is correct.

Bob: So has there been a change to the call forwarding feature? You can still use it, right?

Natasha: We do not have the full access on the features, but rest assure that the upgrades will be done as soon as possible.

Bob: So I'm not clear. How long has the feature been down and when will it be back? Is there a charge to use it?

Natasha: We do not have the exact timeframe, but you can chat us back if you need some information. We will be glad to assist you.

Bob: Is there a charge to use call forwarding?

Natasha: No, there is no charge for the call forwarding since it is a free feature of magicjack.

Bob: That's what I thought but the web forum has a lot of talk about charges for this feature. Are you sure?

Natasha: Yes, I am sure.

Bob: Has the feature been down for 2 months?

Natasha: No, at this moment only.

Bob: There's a LOT of talk in the forum about this feature being down for 2 months and charges from MagicJack for the feature. LOTS of people having problems. I think you may be wrong about this.

Natasha: Okay, for this yes the call forwarding features in not yet available, we can access the call forwarding through link as of now.

Bob: So what is the link?

Natasha: This link "https://web01.magicjack.com/my/call-forwarding.html " we can access that one once the update us already done

Bob: Oh. Are we talking hours or days or weeks? Any guess? I'm leaving for the USA tomorrow and I need to call forward.

Natasha: Just a couple of minutes or hours Bob

Bob: Ok thanks. I'll check back
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are absolutely lying. Below is the QA FROM THEIR OWN SITE.

Your Question
Can I use magicJack to forward calls to my cell phone?

Answer
YES, if available, visit http://my.magicjack.com and login to set up Call Forwarding. Click "Call Forwarding" under the "Call Features" tab and follow the prompts to check out.

The call forwarding feature may not be used to forward calls to conference, platform and non-ILEC area telephone numbers.

Plan Options: 100 minutes per month $4.95/year, or 500 minutes per month $19.95/year.

http://service.liveperson.net/hc/s-61732089/cmd/kbresource/kb-2926669063804784961/view_question!PAGETYPE?sq=call%2bforwarding&sf=101113&st=455836&documentid=345568&action=view
LessImpressed
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding Reply with quote

I'm not going to bore anybody by pasting in the two support chats that got me where I am now. Up to October, 2012, I was a happy Magic Jack Standard user. That started in March of 2009. I cut the AT&T wires, plugged my Standard's output phone wire into a wall jack and the MJ Standard into a powered USB hub and it ran like a scalded dog. Sorry, born in Texas.
Line got flaky about mid-2011, they had me try some stuff and then sent me a new unit for just the shipping and handling. Less than $11.00.
Features worked, voice worked, no more problems than I had with AT&T.
Still a happy camper. So happy, I extended my service another 5 years.
My most frequently used MJ feature was Call Forwarding. VERY useful.
Decided I needed a second line (have a 2-line cordless base), so I bought a MJ+ from Best-buy and a L1, L2, L1/L2 adapter. Plugged the Standard into the L1 jack, MJ+ into the L2 jack and the wire to the wall jack into the L1/L2 jack. Bingo!!! I had a 2-line phone again. Haaaaaaaappy camper.
Things looked so good I had them move my years and number from the MJ Standard to the MJ+. Worked like I planned it. Paid them for a year to reactivate the MJ Standard and made it my secondary line. Man. These folks were GOOD!!!
So I went online and went to features to set up Call Forwarding for the devices I'd just installed, modified, messed with and made myself feel better than I have since I retired and couldn't find CF in the features. I know it was there when I started all the above stuff because I forwarded my primary line before I started with the changes. They gave me that CF link, but all that allowed me to do was turn off CF. The link hasn't worked since.
Got all that baffle-gab about it will be available at an unknown time that you see all through this thread. The other thing I see is a lot of angst in the dialogs folks pasted into their notes. Angst ain't productive.
Once I decided that MJ was exercising their "Terms of Service" rights to change their service without warning, I set about to vote with my feet.
This is the story of my success:
10/2/2012 - Started the MJ+ addition to my phone service.
10/2/2012 - Found out my favorite feature wasn't available, and when they make it so it won't be free anymore, Toto.
11/2/2012 - Had the "top 10%" chat tech refund the year I'd bought for the second number (old MJ). The refund actually posted in about 48 hours.
11/3/2012 - Using the chat ID number they give you from 11/2, I engaged them again. I gave them the chat ID # and asked for immediate escalation to a "top 10%" chat tech. Wasn't immediate, but took less than 10 minutes.
She read the 11/2 chat and asked right away if what I wanted was to move the years and number from the new MJ+ to the old MJ. I said yes, she gently tried to talk me out of it with things like "even if you go back, you still won't have call forwarding". Ain't that a crock. But I said do it. She did. After less than an hour on 11/3 I had my primary line on the old device along with the 2017 expiration date. Got it done early enough to return the MJ+ to Best-buy. That credit's also shown up on my card.
So now I'm a single-line guy without Call Forwarding. A small step for a man, a giant leap backward for Magic Jack.
I figure that I've spent a couple of hundred bucks with MJ since 3/2009. I just did a spreadsheet function that tells me I've been a customer for 44 months. Over that time I would have paid $1,760.00 to AT&T. I'm way ahead, just pissed off at MJ.
I went to Walmart online and ordered a NetTalk DUO for $49.95, including a year's service. When it gets here, and if it works, I will port my current MJ number to NetTalk and MJ's lost a customer. If it doesn't work, I'll stay with Magic Jack and wait to see what Google decides about charging for Google Voice in 2013. That works great and right now, for the features I use, it's free.
Bottom line is:
If you are unhappy with MJ, use their chat to [b][u]get to a "top 10%" chat person. They have done a complex change in my account with nary a glitch:
1. Moved my 2017 expiration date and number from MJ to MJ+. No charge.
2. Gave me a new number and reactivated my original MJ for a year, $29.99+tax and the Al Gore fees.
3. When I became an unhappy customer due to CF, refunded and deactivated the action on the original MJ. Credit showed up in a couple of days.
4. Moved my 2017 expiration date and number from MJ+ to MJ. No charge.
I'm not happy, but I'm over $1,500.00 ahead for all the time since 3/2009. The especially tasty part of the $1,500.00 is that about a third of it was taxes and fees. A buck not paid to the gummint is an 8-point buck. Sorry, Texan.
Can't really complain about Magic Jack. Mostly good, way cheap, easier to get rid of than love handles. But it's ultimately bye-bye Borislov. Hopefully today will be bye-bye Obama as well.
GO VOTE.
BILLY_KIDD
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: how's nettalk working for you? Reply with quote

[quote="shushwap"]I am switching over to Nettalk... I refuse to pay MJ to allow me to call forward[/quote]

A lot of us are having NT quality issues
duter
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spent some time with customer service who was giving me the same runaround they were apparently giving everyone back in SEPTEMBER.

SIX months later -- still not available huh?

So went back to Chat and expressed my displeasure then received a bunch of pasted garbage from their terms of service.

This has got to be the most unethical and deceptive "legitimate" business I have ever come across. Just rip a 5 year fee from me without telling me the ONLY feature I use Magic Jack for is no longer available.

Are they serious?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: