magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack Sues Net Talk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: MagicJack Sues Net Talk Reply with quote

Pursuant to a filing with the SEC, MagicJack Vocaltec Ltd. has sued Net Talk.Com, Inc. (the "Company"):

"On April 4, 2012, MagicJack Vocaltec Ltd. filed a complaint United States District Court For the Southern District Of Florida, Civil Action No.: 9:12-cv-80360-DMM, against the Company, alleging patent infringement, seeking injunctive relief and damages as a result of the alleged patent infringement. The Company has answered the complaint, denying all of its material allegations, asserting a number of affirmative defenses, and seeking counterclaims for declaratory relief. The Company’s patent counsel has provided an opinion that the Nettalk DUO does not infringe their patent, and the Company’s management intends to vigorously defend this lawsuit."

Source: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1383825/000114420412028996/v312375_10q.htm

[see page 31]
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnwills wrote:
what that?
can you explain?
-----------------------------
Watch What To Expect When You're Expecting Online Free

Explain what?? The man included a link which explains it all in detail. Maybe you want him to call you too, buy you dinner and discuss it there?
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
johnwills wrote:
what that?
can you explain?
-----------------------------
Watch What To Expect When You're Expecting Online Free

Explain what?? The man included a link which explains it all in detail. Maybe you want him to call you too, buy you dinner and discuss it there?

JOE'S buying dinner!!!
black_icon

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm...I feel like joining that dinner... Laughing
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey McDonalds for everyone.. If I am not there, start without me Smile

2 Big Macs and large fries please.............
Bill Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The case has been dismissed. See:

http://www.nettalk.com/en/press-releases/20130108-top-voip-technology-providers-settles-lawsuit
SteveHC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What that NetTalk press release DOESN'T say is that the US Patent Office recently decided to REVOKE a patent that it had previously granted to NetTalk... 9 times out of 10 these little "patent wars" are total b.s. In this case, first one sued the other, then the other counter-sued, then the US Patent Office revoked a NetTalk patent (which in turn probably resulted in both dropping claims against each other).
LessImpressed
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack sues NetTalk Reply with quote

IMHO, this is not news. Magic Jack is the epitome of a foreign company doing business in America. Customer Service sucks, product is OK and cheap. The ToS is so vague that it allows them to do almost anything they want with all customer rights waived after the initial 30 days. NetTalk touts their customer service as being on-shore and by phone, but if your question is beyond the level of "can I use the DUO without internet service" then you get to do it by email. Email responses of over two weeks are the norm.
Both supply a cheap product that a minimal technical ability can get to work. Both companies have similar ToS contracts. I've saved a lot of money with MJ, but hesitate to spend more with either. MJ took away call forwarding without notice. NetTalk can, by their terms of service, do the same thing.
Google Voice is free, has more capability then either MJ or NT and I truly don't need to have internet service to use it. I can do all my Google business at the library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: