magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Beginning of the End-Carriers shutting MJ down,Rate increase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NotHappy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Beginning of the End-Carriers shutting MJ down,Rate increase Reply with quote

Mad I can't dial certain numbers. Some carriers are blocking MJ by classifying them as conference calls. When dialing certain numbers you'll get a voice message saying if you want to make a conference call please visit MJ where you have to prepay, in addition to the yearly rate, to dial those numbers. MJ will not provide a list of those carriers.

Also....I bought this with the promise of a $20/ subscription last year. It's now $30. A 50% increase!!!? C'mon!

I talked with a Chat Rep. She said it's free except were it isn't. I asked about the rate increase. The chat rep said they are looking forward to keeping prices low. I suggested they look backwards....too late. This thing expires this month....going in the trash.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it is MJ that is blocking the calls by classifying them as conference calls. This issue has been discussed in the forum numerous times.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not trash it. Sell it . GV jack users are looking for it. Craig's list, e-bay.
Neil
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right behind you NotHappy...I'm having the same issue with a number that we've been calling for 11 months and now we can't without prepaid minutes. We average about 900 minutes a month to this number. Looking for alternative right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: