magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to increase T5720 capacity?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elivergara
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: How to increase T5720 capacity? Reply with quote

I have read some of the posts and I see there are very knowledgeable people here in terms of Thin Clients.

I have just bought a T5720 that came with 1GB Flash total.
Some of the other posts here recommend adding a CF card or Microdrive to it to increase capacity, but the instructions seem to be all for the 5710. I would love to be able to do that and run more than MagicJack on the 5720 but based on what I read... (Tell me if I am wrong): a greater than 1GB CF/Microdrive card will not work with Windows XPe on this Thin Client, and, I want to have a legit Windows installation on it.

What are (if there are any) my options if I want to increase the storage capacity for the 5720 to, say... 4 or 8GB's?

Can I somehow override the 1GB limit on the 5720 and still be able to install a good, updateable copy of XPe on a CF card? or maybe even buy a 4GB flash online? (will it work?)

or...

Is it possible to set a usb-connected memory card, or a USB Thumb drive of 4GB as the C drive and install XPe on it?

Sorry if this topic has been covered. Like I said, I have read plenty on the 5710 but not much on the 5720 and it seems to be the one with the 1GB limitation.

Thanks in advance!
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T5710 has the same IGB limit as the T7520. The T5710 instructions http://gnbi.com/T5710/ should work fine except of coarse for the physical layout differences.

The basic idea is you just partition the microdrive etc with a 1GB or less primary partition and use the rest as a second drive. You can install programs etc on the second drive/partition and thus make use of it's space.
elivergara
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Very Happy
One more question, is it easier/possible to install Win XPe on the flash memory and add a USB thumb drive as a second hard drive (rather than setting two partitions) where I can install programs Question it would seem to be easier, at least install-wise.

Thanks again!

VaHam wrote:
The T5710 has the same IGB limit as the T7520. The T5710 instructions http://gnbi.com/T5710/ should work fine except of coarse for the physical layout differences.

The basic idea is you just partition the microdrive etc with a 1GB or less primary partition and use the rest as a second drive. You can install programs etc on the second drive/partition and thus make use of it's space.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elivergara wrote:
Thank you! Very Happy
One more question, is it easier/possible to install Win XPe on the flash memory and add a USB thumb drive as a second hard drive (rather than setting two partitions) where I can install programs Question it would seem to be easier, at least install-wise.

Thanks again!

Sure you can just use a thumb drive if all you want is more additional storage. The reason for expanding using a mircrodrive etc is to get more space in the primary partition for things like MJ autoupdates where the flash memory isn't large enough; but if yours is handling the MJ ok as is then you should be good to go.
elivergara
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thank you! That's exactly what I was wondering.
Very Happy

VaHam wrote:
elivergara wrote:
Thank you! Very Happy

Thanks again!

Sure you can just use a thumb drive if all you want is more additional storage. The reason for expanding using a mircrodrive etc is to get more space in the primary partition for things like MJ autoupdates where the flash memory isn't large enough; but if yours is handling the MJ ok as is then you should be good to go.
NickG
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HP T5720 natively supports larger Flash/DOM modules. I have two of these thin clients, each running a 2GB DOM using the factory HP WinXPe image. Don't confuse the T5720 with the 5700/5710, which do have issues running higher size DOMs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: