magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
screen not there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pvubt
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: screen not there Reply with quote

Registered my majicjack plus, then hooked it up as instructions. No problem making calls however majicjack screen does not come up on my monitor when making and receiving calls. I always had the screen come up on my old majicjack. Can anyone help.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "assume" you have the MJ Plus and it is currently plugged into your router, therefore with no PC software OR PC operating system to interact with you will NOT get a pop up screen on your PC. If you plug your Plus into your PC's USB port then it "should" act as your old MJ did with a pop up screen when receiving calls.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pvubt
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. I am a little confused. Without the screen where are the perks like call display, call waiting etc. as advertised

Paul
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pvubt wrote:
thanks for the reply. I am a little confused. Without the screen where are the perks like call display, call waiting etc. as advertised

Paul
Dude if it's not hooked up to your PC then it's not gonna show up on your screen. Call waiting works with your phone.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pvubt wrote:

Paul

I will type this slower so you can understand. Just leave your MJ Plus plugged into your PC's USB port ok?? Problem solved, as you didnt understand I thing I said..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
formeat
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: screen not there Reply with quote

pvubt wrote:
Registered my majicjack plus, then hooked it up as instructions. No problem making calls however majicjack screen does not come up on my monitor when making and receiving calls. I always had the screen come up on my old majicjack. Can anyone help.

There is a very easy solution to your problem.

1) Go to my.magicjack.com, log in, select the Phone Numbers tab, and insure that the phone number is the same for your MagicJack and MagicJack Plus,
2) Insure that the MagicJack Plus is plugged into your router and your phone line is plugged into the MagicJack Plus,
3) Plug your old MagicJack (not the MagicJack Plus) into a USB port on your computer but do NOT plug a phone line into it.

The old MagicJack screen will appear and all INBOUND call functions will work, including Caller ID appearing on your computer screen when calls are received. Incoming calls will also be logged as before. However, nothing on the MagicJack screen will work for OUTBOUND calls, such as placing calls through the it or outbound call logging. Use your telephone directly for outbound functions, such as placing calls or maintaining an outbound call log.

Last edited by formeat on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:35 am; edited 3 times in total
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok let me get this straight, leave his PC on so he can plug his old MJ into it. Uhhhh if he is going to leave his PC on ANYWAY why not just plug the Plus into the USB port and be done with it?
Once his old MJ subscription expires I guess he should pay $30 just to have it in his PC for the softphone and stuff??
Sorry makes no sense to me, just sayn`

But then I am obviously one of the clueless
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ bitstopjoe: ...me (and many others) too............................

@ formeat: how long have you been an expert?
formeat
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Ok let me get this straight, leave his PC on so he can plug his old MJ into it. Uhhhh if he is going to leave his PC on ANYWAY why not just plug the Plus into the USB port and be done with it?
Once his old MJ subscription expires I guess he should pay $30 just to have it in his PC for the softphone and stuff??
Sorry makes no sense to me, just sayn`

But then I am obviously one of the clueless

Connecting an MJ Plus to a USB port on a computer provides no advantage over a standard MJ. However, connecting it to a router provides two big advantages:

1) A computer is unnecessary to place or receive calls, and,
2) Removing the computer eliminates any VOIP degradation caused by its local processing and I/O.

Their issue again: "No problem making calls however majicjack screen does not come up on my monitor when making and receiving calls. I always had the screen come up on my old majicjack."

They want to see the MJ screen appear on their monitor as before, so they know that they are still going to need a monitor connected to a computer and both turned on. But just for that -- not for the phone service itself. Everyone who has upgraded to an MJ Plus connected to a router knows how nice it is having a landline always available again just like POTS was. My solution insures the advantages found with a router connection AND restores the MJ screen they knew and loved before.

They shouldn't need to renew their old MJ service for the MJ screen to keep appearing and functioning as long as it has the same number connected to it as the MJ Plus. Anyone using an MJ Plus with an expired MJ could test that. Just make sure both MJ's have the same phone number connected to them.
formeat
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot wrote:
@ formeat: how long have you been an expert?

Women have been asking me that since I was 14 -- but then never give me time to answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: