magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HIDDEN CHARGES MJ RIPPING OFF EXISTING CUSTOMERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jemjaz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: HIDDEN CHARGES MJ RIPPING OFF EXISTING CUSTOMERS Reply with quote

I was a Magicjack fan that's why i own 3 of their units. I purchased MJ for a specific purpose: To be able to communicate with my husband, who works in the USA, for less the cost of a regular phone line.

I have been using MJ for almost 2 years now and was able to call my husband's work number in the US for over a year until this month. When I started dialing his number this month, all of a sudden, I`m getting an unusual message from a machine: `To call a conference line or a platform pls visit us at mymagicjack.com/prepaid to buy prepaid minutest.' I contacted MJ`s customer service and all they can tell me is that it`s stated in their TERMS OF SERVICE that they '' may require prepaid purchase and/or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier.''

I am just wondering how come they didn`t make this clear in any of their advertisements? They always say that by using MJ we will be able to make FREE calls anywhere in the US or CANADA. All of a sudden, they feel the urge to rip off their existing and loyal customers by charging hidden fees. MJ`s advertisement is very MISLEADING.

And when I asked the CSR as to where I can find the posted rates for what they call "HIGH COST USA AREA", she told me just to purchase some credits and use it to call my husband and make my own computations as to how much it will cost me. HAHAHA! Very funny and very stupid response!

Then I asked the CSR as to when did they actually start charging for this because I used to call my husband for over a year now without purchasing any credits. Her response is : ''We do not have an exact time frame to when it started but since it is stated on our terms of service and While this has been part of our Terms of Service for years, we have just recently begun to enforce it. '' In short, MJ just felt a sudden need to charge existing clients some hidden charges without communicating it properly. MJ started to look for a way to rip off existing and loyal customers to offset their so called '' Cheap costs of calling the US and CANADA.'' The CSR even has the guts to ask me to buy additional unit for my husband so we can talk again using MJ without incurring additional fees. HAHAHA! again!!!

I just hope that people who will actually read this will actually show real concern and not just post some lame and nonsense comments. Thanks for your time reading this.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

has9999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis' OH so difficult to show concern when long time users have
learned that the daily usage of the device is subject to change
at most anytime, for most obscure reasons.
The combination of MJ and Google voice is the sort of advice you
would have gotten had you searched a bit. And it works just fine.
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: HIDDEN CHARGES MJ RIPPING OFF EXISTING CUSTOMERS Reply with quote

You need to call MJ to MJ ...

jemjaz wrote:
I was a Magicjack fan that's why i own 3 of their units. I purchased MJ for a specific purpose: To be able to communicate with my husband, who works in the USA, for less the cost of a regular phone line.

I have been using MJ for almost 2 years now and was able to call my husband's work number in the US for over a year until this month. When I started dialing his number this month, all of a sudden, I`m getting an unusual message from a machine: `To call a conference line or a platform pls visit us at mymagicjack.com/prepaid to buy prepaid minutest.' I contacted MJ`s customer service and all they can tell me is that it`s stated in their TERMS OF SERVICE that they '' may require prepaid purchase and/or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier.''

I am just wondering how come they didn`t make this clear in any of their advertisements? They always say that by using MJ we will be able to make FREE calls anywhere in the US or CANADA. All of a sudden, they feel the urge to rip off their existing and loyal customers by charging hidden fees. MJ`s advertisement is very MISLEADING.

And when I asked the CSR as to where I can find the posted rates for what they call "HIGH COST USA AREA", she told me just to purchase some credits and use it to call my husband and make my own computations as to how much it will cost me. HAHAHA! Very funny and very stupid response!

Then I asked the CSR as to when did they actually start charging for this because I used to call my husband for over a year now without purchasing any credits. Her response is : ''We do not have an exact time frame to when it started but since it is stated on our terms of service and While this has been part of our Terms of Service for years, we have just recently begun to enforce it. '' In short, MJ just felt a sudden need to charge existing clients some hidden charges without communicating it properly. MJ started to look for a way to rip off existing and loyal customers to offset their so called '' Cheap costs of calling the US and CANADA.'' The CSR even has the guts to ask me to buy additional unit for my husband so we can talk again using MJ without incurring additional fees. HAHAHA! again!!!

I just hope that people who will actually read this will actually show real concern and not just post some lame and nonsense comments. Thanks for your time reading this.

Bill Smith

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has9999 is right. Set up a free (until the end of 2012, anyway) Google Voice number. Use your MJ to call GV and then call your husband. I've used this technique to call numbers that MJ blocks and it works fine. Get started here:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=grandcentral&passive=1209600&continue=https://www.google.com/voice&followup=https://www.google.com/voice&ltmpl=open
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Smith wrote:
has9999 is right. Set up a free (until the end of 2012, anyway) Google Voice number. Use your MJ to call GV and then call your husband. I've used this technique to call numbers that MJ blocks and it works fine. Get started here:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=grandcentral&passive=1209600&continue=https://www.google.com/voice&followup=https://www.google.com/voice&ltmpl=open

If your going to use Google Voice then why not just use Google Voice and skip MJ altogether?
black_icon

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could agree with you VaHam... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: