magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just got my first MJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonyCosmos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Just got my first MJ Reply with quote

Hi .. I purchased my MagicJack from TigerDirect yesterday ( Sunday 08/07 ) Any ways I plug the unit into my PC and go through the process of register . I notice options if one wants a Canadian phone number which I do . So I decide to check that option off and than I notice service plans , one was for 5 years for $69 and I decide I wanted that as well . I place this order with my CC . Afterwards I didn't receive any confirmation email for my purchase . So I decide to chat with a MJ online agent . They tell me I only got charged for a Canadian phone number for the sum of $10 and changes . Though when I view my credit card account statement its showing that MJ took 2 amounts off my CC , One for the sum of $25.32 and the other for $15.99 but yet Magic Jack people are saying other wise ... Now I am just waiting to speak with their finance department and hope they can straighten this mess out ...

Last edited by SonyCosmos on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they have you set up as a registered user, you can go into the menu on your soft-phone, and under "advanced users" click on "My magic Jack". Once in there, click on "My Subscriptions" and then "Details" under "Renewal". Once in there it will show you when your subscription expires.

If it's for 5 years, and you already have your Canadian number that you are using, then you should be all set and I would just wait it out for a few days. It could be that they put through some preliminary charges through your card to see if the funds were available, and the correct charges will come through soon.

If it's for 1 year then they obviously screwed something up.
SonyCosmos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
If they have you set up as a registered user, you can go into the menu on your soft-phone, and under "advanced users" click on "My magic Jack". Once in there, click on "My Subscriptions" and then "Details" under "Renewal". Once in there it will show you when your subscription expires.

If it's for 5 years, and you already have your Canadian number that you are using, then you should be all set and I would just wait it out for a few days. It could be that they put through some preliminary charges through your card to see if the funds were available, and the correct charges will come through soon.

If it's for 1 year then they obviously screwed something up.

Hi ... Thank you for your input . I have done that and it only show for one year, thanks . I finally spoke to their finance department agent and they also are saying that they only charged me for a Canadian number . Also the agent tell me that one of my item got process ( The Canadian number ) I told them that's impossible . How can a person make a single transaction order for 2 items and only get one , it's either both goes through or none at all . And yet they say this is what happen . Then I ask what those 2 amounts could be for and she said she didn't have a clue ( no idea ) . Something is not right with their processing service, their an error in their system because I am 100 % positive I made one single transaction order . Even still I told them I didn't receive any comfirmation payment email from them . she said it can take within 24 hours . Guess what ? It's now 24 hours and still no email ... I'm going to wait it out because its still being process with the CC company, though once its done and my statement hasn't changed, If worst comes to worst ? Its a dispute letter to my CC . I hope I don't have to take that action ...
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. They may have done you a favor by not signing you up for the 5 years if that's what ended up happening. A lot can happen in 5 years. Your overall savings are relatively minor compared with renewing year by year. And you might stay with something you don't like longer just because you've paid in advance for it.

Either way, hopefully you get it straightened out. I haven't had to deal with their billing system, but there are a few horror stories out there.
SonyCosmos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today i see my CC company has made adjustment . Now I see the amount for $10.40 and the $15.99 is still there ... I can figure the $10.40 is for the Canadian number but I still don't know what the $15.99 is . Maybe someone here can answer it ... When getting a Magic jack it comes with a american number and its good for a whole year , though I am curious because I change over to an Canadian number do I still get a free year service ? Or do I have to repay for it because its now a Canadian number ? I am just trying to figure out all possible angles, Thanks ?
SonyCosmos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally found out what the $15.99 was ... Its Magic jack charging you for ever fail attempts you make with a credit card ... I was trying to get more service added and it would fail each time . I did it twice thinking I made an error the first time . the third time I was getting assistance from a Magic Jack agent and this time I notice a error on Magic Jack website ... I'm using a Master Card and when I went to enter my information in and than click save, it would save it as a Visa holder , not a Master Card . So now their Tech guys are looking into the matter but it sucks because I been charged again 3 more times for 15.99 . Yes, I will get it back after a week or so but I will not get back my transaction from my credit card fees . Magic Jack should be held responsible to cover all charges ...Its their website error ... but I guess it could of been worse , huh ?
Alan332pf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Timothy Reply with quote

First catch your hare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: