magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ-like Phone adapters or expired MJs suggestions wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jongasse
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: MJ-like Phone adapters or expired MJs suggestions wanted Reply with quote

Hi,

I am thinking of writing applications to allow people to use MJ-like Phone adapters or even expired MJs for:

1. Calling using Google voice
2. Calling using GMail phone calling
3. Calling using Skype
4. Calling using GTalk
etc..

I already have a prototype that allows me to make and receive calls using my MJ dongle (I can use the phone keypad to make/receive phone calls through GMail phone calling. I can also receive incoming voice chat from GMail)

I wanted to know if there are:

1. Cheap MJ-like Phone adapters
2. If there is a supply of expired MJs

I just need some cheap hardware that can allow me to send/get voice + DTMF to and from software to phones.

These should be readily available to allow me to initially get them at low quantities for prototyping and testing.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MJ-like Phone adapters or expired MJs suggestions wanted Reply with quote

jongasse wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of writing applications to allow people to use MJ-like Phone adapters or even expired MJs for:

1. Calling using Google voice
2. Calling using GMail phone calling
3. Calling using Skype
4. Calling using GTalk
etc..

I already have a prototype that allows me to make and receive calls using my MJ dongle (I can use the phone keypad to make/receive phone calls through GMail phone calling. I can also receive incoming voice chat from GMail)

I wanted to know if there are:

1. Cheap MJ-like Phone adapters
2. If there is a supply of expired MJs

I just need some cheap hardware that can allow me to send/get voice + DTMF to and from software to phones.

These should be readily available to allow me to initially get them at low quantities for prototyping and testing.

You can use a MJ with a asterisks box and almost do anything on another service if you have that services SIP info anyway
Ooma Telo ( Premium Service )
VoIP MY Way ( Custom Acct + INTL )
Linksys PAP2T ATA ( UnLocked )
Linksys WRT-310N Router ( Personal Firmware )
Motorola Modem DOCSIS 3.0 SBG6580
jongasse
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor - you are correct.

However, I am not interested in phone service - I am interested in locating cheap phone adaptors that are like the MJ dongle.
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jongasse wrote:

However, I am not interested in phone service - I am interested in locating cheap phone adaptors that are like the MJ dongle.

I see, Looking for USB dongles types i don't know of any except MJ and NT, Then again a ATA is a adapter but not USB and new wholesale around 30 bux shipped which really is'nt what your looking 4 either and the netTalk IMO blows as a USB dongle
Ooma Telo ( Premium Service )
VoIP MY Way ( Custom Acct + INTL )
Linksys PAP2T ATA ( UnLocked )
Linksys WRT-310N Router ( Personal Firmware )
Motorola Modem DOCSIS 3.0 SBG6580
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jongasse wrote:

Tigerjet is where I would have said sometime back; however since MJ bought them I doubt they sell to anyone else now.

While they have no convenient internal storage you may think about using a usb data/fax/voice modem like http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=214522263&listingid=74809906
jongasse
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:

While they have no convenient internal storage you may think about using a usb data/fax/voice modem like http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=214522263&listingid=74809906

Hey

I was afraid that the topic of External USB Voice Modems would come up.

They are standard devices but writing a AT based interface is not exactly easy.

Any ideas about cheap - say Sub $5 USB data modems?
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jongasse wrote:
VaHam wrote:

Hey

I was afraid that the topic of External USB Voice Modems would come up.

They are standard devices but writing a AT based interface is not exactly easy.

Any ideas about cheap - say Sub $5 USB data modems?

No sorry that is about the cheapest one I found! Other than the Hong Kong versions on eBay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: