magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
if you use fiddler2 to look for your sip login credentials
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aone999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if somebody can write a detailed tutorial on this, I'll be highly obliged
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

chris
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please explain how one theoretically would pull the sip information from the provision header GET /softphone/provision/?version= using fiddler. Just curious for information's sake. I would never violate my oath and terms of contract with magicjack

What codes would magicjack support, it seems gsm might be the best of breed in quality versus bandwidth.

Keep the internet FREE from Government and Corporate control vote Ron Paul for President in 2008 !

Last edited by chris on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
chris
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so easy I feel stupid now! just remember you have to set the web browser to use fiddler as a proxy, it is basically like a "man in the middle" attack. Make sure fiddler is set to "decrypt HTTPS traffic" and click on the https header, check the "session inspector". This is why gurus get mad, because people don't want to take the time to read and figure out something so simple. THIS ROCKS!

Has anyone tried different codecs?ULAW\G.711 is not the best option for bandwidth. I wonder if one could use GSM or another low bandwidth codecs?

Keep the internet FREE from Government and Corporate control vote Ron Paul for President in 2008 !

Last edited by chris on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
chris
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't get it to register with IDEFISK, in the username do you have to put the E before the number and the back to digits? fake info example

[Sip 2.0]
ProxyUserName=E713555121201
ProxyUserPassword=1234
SIPCallerID=E713555121201
RegisterOnProxy=1
SIPVoiceMailAddress=7135551212
EnableTelephoneEvents=1
UserDomain=69.186.13.98
ProxyDomain=proxy1.cornbread.talk4free.com
ProxyPort=5070
ProxyStrictOutbound=1
[CustomFields]
CustomField17="http://69.186.13.98/upgrade/2007-01-07/magicJackOutlookAddin.exe"
CustomField10="http://www.free611.com"
CustomField11="7135551212"

mmm don't understand, does the E and last two numbers need to be added on the NPA-NXX-XXXX? Maybe I should try sjphone first. I want to port it to a ppc cellphone with a broadband 3 connection and see if it works.

Last edited by chris on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
chris
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, need the E in E713555121201 , but what about the last two numbers added on the end E 7135551212 01 <--

maybe the ISP is blocking SIP? I didn't think of that. I will try it on another internet connection.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you getting an error response to your REGISTER requests? If so, what is the status code? If not (i.e. no response at all), verify that your request is going to UDP port 5070. IMO it's very unlikely that your ISP is blocking it. Your router or software firewall could cause the trouble, though.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proxy1.cornbread.talk4free.com:5070

They do not use the default port 5060
aone999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the SIP details
chris
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be trying it on sjphone and using a different ISP. The port is 5070 and not the standard sip port of 5060. I can put a packet sniffer on it and report the progress of the SIP registration. I was using a air card through a cellular account so it is a real possibility that they are blocking the SIP protocol and that is why maybe MJ changed the default port so they would have less problems with ISP that are blocking it and by the way some are.

P.S. The Sip info I provided was fake, that does not correspond to a real SIP account. It was just a copy of mine altered, so don't waste your time.
tom
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserjobs ... thanks to your tip about adding :5070 to the end of the proxy address, i was able to get my pap2 up and running. much appreciation to you and those individuals who set up the blog and this forum.
anant
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris:

I am new to fiddler. I am in learning mode. u said earlier

you have to set the web browser to use fiddler as a proxy.

I use IE as my browser. Where do I set Fiddler as a proxy. My objective is to pull SIP data. How do I get that information

anant
aone999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the help of this forum and many members, I was able to get the SIP details from MJ successfully. Though I didn't use an ATA (and have no intentions to use one), I was able to successfully use ExpressTalk softphone and make a call.

For some reason, Fiddler didn't work for me. I had to use a tool called "Cain" (http://www.oxid.it/). However, it was smooth.

I thank all people who helped me in this adventure. I am thankful to this forum.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to access the register screen and got this
Code:

The remote server has presented a certificate that did not validate.

E=Greg.Wood@magicjack.com, CN=prov1.talk4free.com, O=Ymax Communcations, L=Palm Beach, S=FL, C=US
RemoteCertificateChainErrors

(This warning can be disabled by clicking Tools | Fiddler Options.)

Does that mean this guy, Greg Wood is getting an email every time I try to login.

Anyway, after I login the window closes and I get nothing... guess I'll have to wait til 12/1 or whatever date they end up pushing it to
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo, this thread should be kept to private messages -
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this forum is not a secret... it is public on the web. I found it from a link in the dslr forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: