magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ports use for Magicjack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Innova
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Ports use for Magicjack Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what ports use for Magicjack?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ports vary with each reboot.

This link well tell you how to find which ports are in use by MJ at any given time -

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/incoming-calls-drop-after-30-seconds-pending-ack-t4448-15.html

The important part is reproduced below.

------------
PART ONE
------------
1.) In windows click the lower-left START button
2.) ...then click on the ...RUN item ( a pop-up box will pop-up)
3.) at the Open: space type "cmd" (without the quotes)
4.) hit OK (this brings up a DOS command-line terminal...)

---------------
PART TWO
---------------
1.) at the command prompt > type "netstat -an" (without the quotes)
2.) hit the return button
3.) a chart called "Active Connections" will appear

----------------------
PART THREE
----------------------
1.) the first column (reading left-to-right) is PROTO
2.) two types of protocols appear: TCP and UDP
3.) the second column (Local Address) reads: "ip_address:port_number"
4.) look for a line having these 3 values:
1... UDP (that's easy)
2... 127.0.0.1 (that's a little more difficult)
3... a port number between 40,000 and 65,000 (that's tough)
5.) EXAMPLE
UDP 127.0.0.1:58228 *.*

--------------------------
PART FOUR
--------------------------
1.) look for a matching line with the same "UDP, the same port_numeber,
but a different ip_address
UDP 192.168.1.7:58228 *.*
2.) the different ip_number is the ip address of your MagicJack unit
marandacar
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: magic jack ports Reply with quote

i have a zhone wireless modem in trinidad. i have gone into the nat and added ports 5060 and 5070. i checked if the ports were open and they are not. (i'm not experienced at doing these things, but i'm trying...lol) i don't know why i'm still getting the message that i'm not connected to internet. i have also tested out all my ethernet cables and they all work.
i tried to find a matching udp and tcp and could not find them in my list when i ran the netstat -an on the cmd. i'm at my wits end!
funny thing is, when i got my dsl, it worked the first day. when i called tstt in trinidad to find out why i was only running at 256 k and not 2 mg, they said they had to configure the modem onto the account. being an ex internet tech i understood because i had to check off a box on cx's accounts as well. since then i have been getting the error 3 and also error 23 at times.
i have powercycled, and waited for 10 seconds and did a restart on my laptop when i added the ports as well.
hopefully i could get more advice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: