magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Porting away from Magic Jack - worst possible experience?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herlihyboy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Porting away from Magic Jack - worst possible experience? Reply with quote

It all started out that my bandwidth wasn't strong enough to support magic jack, so I sent it back within the 30 day trial period. They refunded my $ - great! However, the ensuing 7 weeks in which I have tried to port my number out have been horrible.

I'm trying to port the number to TF. First, TF said that the PIN they were providing to MJ was reported as incorrect. I verified it with MJ and TF tried again.

A week or so went by...Again, TF said that MJ told them that the PIN was incorrect, so TF tried again.

A week or so went by...then TF told me that MJ told them that they needed to provide my mailing address, so TF did that (I provided it to TF).

A week or so went by...then TF told me that MJ told them that the zip code they provided (which I had given to TF) was incorrect (it was not; it's my freaking zip code - I know where I flipping live).

A week or so went by...I finally got on another chat session with MJ (their mode of customer service is a joke), asked them what the crud is going on and told them the zip code I provided to TF was right. Ironically, MJ had the stones to say, "oh yeah, actually the number will be released tomorrow."

A few days later...nothing. While on the phone hashing it out with TF, TF submitted the request yet again. Mysteriously, I received an e-mail from MJ during the call with TF that "...they have received a request to port out my number." Hmmm...

So, on another chat session with MJ, they asked me, "so, did you pay the $30?" Huh? I paid you people $20 to port the number in and now you expect me to pay again to port the number out after this crap?

What a freaking joke. I know everyone has different experiences with and opinions of this company, but mine have been terrible. Bad support and incredibly unprofessional when it comes to losing a customer.

I have read some details on this forum about not paying the $30 and the number will be released, regardless. If you have any opinion on that, I'd appreciate it. At this point, I'm just weary of the whole situation and close to coughing up the dough to just be done with this.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ported my numbers out WITHOUT paying the 30 $ extortion. I would not pay it to them under any circumstances.
I would recommend you next time to do some research before you you decide to port your number to a provider. There has been enough ( negative) information about MJ available.
herlihyboy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, did the port out just "happen" eventually for you? Why would MJ not just wait until you paid the $30 before finishing your port out? Is there something else that eventually forces their hand, other than me just being a pain in their a$$?
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

herlihyboy wrote:
So, did the port out just "happen" eventually for you? Why would MJ not just wait until you paid the $30 before finishing your port out? Is there something else that eventually forces their hand, other than me just being a pain in their a$$?

Just totally ignore it, it will NOT affect the outcome of your LNP request.

I have ported several interesting numbers away from them but never moved a number into the clutches of Dan and his minions.

Color me ......forewarned
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herlihyboy wrote:
So, did the port out just "happen" eventually for you?

It ' just happened' indeed. Smile
herlihyboy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to bring closure to my saga...

The port out took a few days from the time I received the extortion e-mail from MJ. TF, to their discredit, didn't contact me to say the port in was finally complete. The only way I knew it was done was that I no longer got my MJ voice mail message when I called the number and instead got the standard TF message that one gets when there is no voice mailbox set up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: