magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

poor connection to the real people.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilson787
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: poor connection to the real people. Reply with quote

I purchased my MJ 6 weeks ago and it just arrived 3 days ago. After fighting with it for over 2 hours. as it couldn't connect to the network, I asked someone in the "live chat" area to find out that the phone is not set up for Canada yet. I then asked if I could contact support by phone, as I was going to get charged for a service that I didn't want. 30 day return policy was a joke when it took over 36 days for the item to reach me. Now I am just looking for any type of contact phone number so that I can straighten it out with someone. I ordered it from somewhere in the US, but it was sent to me by a company out of Canada. Now wondering who to send it to?? ( I have written numerous emails to try and resolve even the return shipping address, and still have received nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you can't presently get a Canadian number, you should be able to use your MJ for outgoing calls, and to receive calls on its US number. There are many satisfied Canadian MJ users.

How far did you get? Were you able to register and get a number assigned? Does the softphone appear? What error message does it show, if any? With MJ unplugged, can you test to Boston at http://www.testyourvoip.com/ ?
gary
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Stewart that you should use it.

We have four in the immediate family. Two in Alberta, one in California and one in the Middle East. All four of them are being used extensively and with 95%+ satisfactory results. My wife uses ours to call family and friends in the UK (2 cents a minute) and is very happy with the sound quality.

Have you been able to register it and get a telephone number?
strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also switch your number to a Canadian number once they become available. Also, pick your closest Internet drop and that will improve your sound quality by leaps and bounds over a number that has to jump through several hoops before it goes into the telephone lines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: